3d printing services in Thailand

robblok

I am starting to get interested in 3d printing, however i doubt i would make enough use of a 3d printer to justify its price (40K for a model that is between beginner and advanced). 

Are there places where you can send your design to be printed for a fee and get it send back ? Something like upload the design you want printed.. pay them and wait for them to send it by mail ?

Yes. I would highly recommend Pairoat Namvichaisirikul website http://www.pim3dprinter.com or facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pim3DPrinter also available on Skype.

I recently bought a 3D printer off him and he speaks good English, and is extremely helpful.

BTW: If you want to get into printing yourself, get an Ender3 off him (8500 Baht), and upgrade the bed with one I found on shopee for 500baht. You will get an awesome print for the money.

41 minutes ago, muratremix said:

Why spend 40k for a 3d printer?

You can just buy one for 180-250 (or 300+) usd from gearbest and use it.

Once you start, you'll keep printing models, you won't be able to stop yourself.

I thought that the higher price would mean i have a printer that is better then the cheap ones. Maybe the cheap ones are good enough. I really don't know I have not been into 3d printing. But i often need plastic models to replace things that broke. Simple customised things. Is the plastic from a 3d printer good enough for that ?

41 minutes ago, muratremix said:

Why spend 40k for a 3d printer?

You can just buy one for 180-250 (or 300+) usd from gearbest and use it.

Once you start, you'll keep printing models, you won't be able to stop yourself.

Not a good idea, unless you live in Bangkok and can do the Import process yourself. You need an import license for a 3D printer at the moment. Customs wont let you have it without one. I lost over $300 this year buying one off aliexpress, because I could not complete the import process.

12 hours ago, Amusements said:

Yes. I would highly recommend Pairoat Namvichaisirikul website http://www.pim3dprinter.com or facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pim3DPrinter also available on Skype.

I recently bought a 3D printer off him and he speaks good English, and is extremely helpful.

BTW: If you want to get into printing yourself, get an Ender3 off him (8500 Baht), and upgrade the bed with one I found on shopee for 500baht. You will get an awesome print for the money.

What bed did you buy for it and was the upgrade easy or not ?

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

What bed did you buy for it and was the upgrade easy or not ?

It was the 252x235 one off this page https://shopee.co.th/3D-Printer-Platform-Heated-Bed-Build-Surface-Glass-Plate-310*310*4mm-235*235*4mm-220*220*4mm-3D-Printer-Parts-Heatbed-2-i.59553004.1465848786 480baht +20Baht postage and arrived in about 2-3 weeks.

On shopee you have to use the App in order to change the language to English.

Fitting is simple with the newer version of the Ender 3 (which I got off the person mentioned above). The bed is only clipped on with a few small bull dog clips. I got some slightly bigger ones from the local 10baht shop. I have actually removed the one on the bottom left as I don't need it.  If you do get one of these, there are some small upgrades you can print for it, like a fan cover and some other small bits and pieces. Look on youtube, there are some great videos about this printer. Also look on thingiverse.com at stuff you can download and print. And lastly tinkercad.com is a good place to start if you want to design or edit print files.

20181001_173118.jpg

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

@Amusements

Thanks great information thans a lot, how much do you use this printer ?

I used it daily while I was printing accessories for it. Now I use it a couple of times a week, or when needed. It is quiet enough to be left printing over night too.

Here are a few things  I have printed so far:

20180910_112428.jpg

20180911_224325.jpg

20181017_174036.jpg

11 hours ago, Amusements said:

Not a good idea, unless you live in Bangkok and can do the Import process yourself. You need an import license for a 3D printer at the moment. Customs wont let you have it without one. I lost over $300 this year buying one off aliexpress, because I could not complete the import process.

I also bought it and paid nada, not even 7% and arrived without problem.

11 hours ago, robblok said:

I thought that the higher price would mean i have a printer that is better then the cheap ones. Maybe the cheap ones are good enough. I really don't know I have not been into 3d printing. But i often need plastic models to replace things that broke. Simple customised things. Is the plastic from a 3d printer good enough for that ?

I have ender 3 and its my first 3d printer. However its not perfect for me, maybe I haven't installed it perfectly. I have layer skipping / under extrusion problems. When I print using 0.1 mm layer height,  most of the time it works good. 

If you print to PETG, it is strong and it can probably replace broken plastic parts for you. PETG is cheap and widely available and is an alternative to ABS.

I bought ender 3 for 180 usd, assembly takes 45 minutes and there are tons of youtube videos showing how to do it.

5 hours ago, Amusements said:

Some people may of been lucky, or bought prior to the import ban. I think it also depends on the carrier? I had a nightmare with UPS https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1056660-shipping/

it was your mistake using an express courrier. I never use them for large or over 1500 thb items.

3d printer ban is ... there are no words limiting / requiring license for 3d printers.

19 minutes ago, muratremix said:

it was your mistake using an express courrier. I never use them for large or over 1500 thb items.

3d printer ban is ... there are no words limiting / requiring license for 3d printers.

I did not have a choice. The sender made that decision, and as for your other comment.. I'm not even bothering to argue, because I already had months of shit over that.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question about the ender. Does it need the computer to be turned on during printing. Or does it load the data in its memory and after that the computer can be turned off as i hear printing takes a long time

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Just a quick question about the ender. Does it need the computer to be turned on during printing. Or does it load the data in its memory and after that the computer can be turned off as i hear printing takes a long time

There is a Micro SD slot on the printer as well as a slot for direct connection. You need to keep the card in while it is printing though. It should come with a card and adapter but will not have much PLA filament for you to play with, so order a 1KG or so of PLA and print off the accessories for it.

There is a Micro SD slot on the printer as well as a slot for direct connection. You need to keep the card in while it is printing though. It should come with a card and adapter but will not have much PLA filament for you to play with, so order a 1KG or so of PLA and print off the accessories for it.
Are you telling me that i could print to micro sd and have the printer in an other room. That would be perfect.

What is the strongest filament it can use ?

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Are you telling me that i could print to micro sd and have the printer in an other room. That would be perfect.

What is the strongest filament it can use ?

Yes, it can be in another room. It is actually pretty quiet anyway. It makes about the same noise as a scanner.

BTW..It also has the ability to carry on printing after a power cut. It pauses and lets you choose to carry on when the power comes back on. If you select Resume, it resets the nozzle to home position and reheats the bed and nozzle then goes back to its last position, and carries on (Make sure you pull off any filament ooze, just as it starts moving from the home position back to the print)

I think the strongest filament you can use is carbon fiber or nylon, and maybe Kevlar too? however, you have to use a stronger nozzle like steel because of the extra wear from what I have read. I saw mention of ruby tipped nozzles somewhere the other day. Personally I have only used PLA and ABS so far, and PLA has been strong enough, with slight flexibility for everything I have printed. There are tons of sites with filament guides and videos. You can get a KG of decent PLA off lazada for under 600baht, but keep it in a dry box to stop it spoiling. I might try shopee for my next order as I have seen some PLA on there for under 500 baht.

Archived