Seminar on "Turning Enemies into Collaborators"

webfact

Seminar on "Turning Enemies into Collaborators"

PNSOC610629001001101.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 25th October 2018 (NNT) - Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University and the Thailand Future Design Support Foundation have held a seminar titled “Turning Enemies into Collaborators, Sparking Unity”, bringing together state representatives and academics to provide their insights into success through collaboration. 

Prime Minister’s Office Minister Kobsak Phutrakul spoke of his experiences being a foreign exchange student for over 10 years and how he was initially combative when returning to Thailand’s organizational culture.

He explained that his turning point came when he heard a speech by former US President Richard Nixon recited at his funeral about how one can accrue support by first providing it to others.

He also said he has sought to be a personal magnet, or a helpful person widely favored, by being humble and aiming to make new friends during every endeavor. 

Chairwoman of the Chulalongkorn University Alumni Assocation Khunying Suchada Keeranansaid that she was able to grow from being in charge of just a hand full of students by not viewing others as adversaries and working alongside those at the foundational level of her aspiration. She noted it is also crucial to enjoy one’s work as such passion will result in attention to detail.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-10-25

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Too bad, I can't attend all day. Just let me know when Prawit is speaking.

Their PR needs some work. "Turn Enemies into Collaborators" denotes treachery and cowardice. Let's try "Change Dissent into Unity for National Strength", yada yada. Then we're all pals. I used to do this stuff for TAT.  "Look at Temple" became "Treasures of History".  They said, "No temple, no good." I quit. Thais are wonderful diplomats, but lousy at PR. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He explained that his turning point came when he heard a speech by former US President Richard Nixon recited at his funeral about how one can accrue support by first providing it to others.

That's what tricky was trying to do with the information they got from the building late one night.

The only thing you have in life is credibility, you loose that your in the sh#t.

Doesn't mention gatekeepers?

Sounds as though he wants to be everyone's friend. Hard one that.

On 10/25/2018 at 5:12 PM, jgarbo said:

Their PR needs some work. "Turn Enemies into Collaborators" denotes treachery and cowardice. Let's try "Change Dissent into Unity for National Strength", yada yada. Then we're all pals. I used to do this stuff for TAT.  "Look at Temple" became "Treasures of History".  They said, "No temple, no good." I quit. Thais are wonderful diplomats, but lousy at PR. 

And not much good at diplomacy either.

Imho.

Perhaps their real strength lies elsewhere. Stealing perhaps?

On 10/25/2018 at 6:04 AM, webfact said:

how he was initially combative when returning to Thailand’s organizational culture.

So you weren’t afraid to point out how things could be done better 

On 10/25/2018 at 6:04 AM, webfact said:

He also said he has sought to be a personal magnet, or a helpful person widely favored, by being humble

Whereas now you just do what you are told?

Archived