Dry Complete Dog Food

Hello

I am coming to live in Thailand in the next few months. My dog has a sensitive digestion and eats Burgess Superdog for Senisitive Tummies (this is a dry complete dog food) in the UK. Can anyone tell me which makes of dry complete dog food are on sale in Thailand. I can see if I can get some in the UK and gradually wean him onto the new stuff before we arrive.

There are loads of locally made brands, that I would doubt you would get in the UK. You might get Alpo or Pedigree, both are readily available here. Apart from that, premium brands like IAMS and Royal Canin are available in good pet shops & vets in areas where there are a lot of expats. Hope that helps.

Pedigree pet foods are widely popular in Thailand rangeing from Puppy to adult that is biscuit tinned food and all in one complete meal:

My Shepherd has complete meal from MAKRO 'Saverpak' and rice as well with the odd KFC, tonight he had the remains of a pigs head the left overs from some Khmer ceremony: He's healthy on this type of feeding

My dog likes mostly Eukonoba (sp?), which smells quite fishy.

We add some variety by changing occasionally to Alpo or Smartheart.

Also tinned food.

Strangely she won't touch Pedigree, she simply doesn't like it.

Her digestion is pretty delicate; if she joins in with our non pedigree/local dogs rice diet - bad case of the runs!

We use Nutro Natural Choice. The Natural Choice formulas (as opposed to the other Nutro Formulas), are the most digestible so that maybe a good one to try.

That one's not available here. Think if OP is going to live in BKK, Phuket or Pattaya (maybe Samui) he/she'll have loads more variety to choose from than elsewhere.

cmsally, if you change any dog's diet drastically or suddenly, they'll get the runs. If your dog is used to dried food & then you give 'local dog rice diet' one day, that will happen whether they have sensitive tums or not :o

We use Nutro Natural Choice. The Natural Choice formulas (as opposed to the other Nutro Formulas), are the most digestible so that maybe a good one to try.

That one's not available here. Think if OP is going to live in BKK, Phuket or Pattaya (maybe Samui) he/she'll have loads more variety to choose from than elsewhere.

cmsally, if you change any dog's diet drastically or suddenly, they'll get the runs. If your dog is used to dried food & then you give 'local dog rice diet' one day, that will happen whether they have sensitive tums or not :o

We are able to get the Nutro Choice in Pattaya easily.... or you can order it or others from Bangkok called ShamuShamu (they do deliveries) I've attached the link to their site if you're interested :D

<h2 class="r">ShamuShamu.com</h2>

At Suan Lum Nite Bazaar in the pet section there are almost all the popular premium US brands.

If you are looking for good digestion, good nutrition, and good value for your money stay away from Pedigree, Makro, or other supermarket brands. Go with the more nutritionally dense brands like; Science Diet, Iams, Eukanuba, etc. They cost more per pound but the pets eat less, consequently less waste, and better all the way around.

Remember pets don't eat like people do because they are hungry, they eat to meet nutritional needs. If they are getting what they need with higher quality nutritionally dense foods, they will eat less.

Don't ever believe people who say, "my dog won't eat this or that food." Those dogs have their owners trained perfectly. They were also the ones we saw daily at the vet clinic; soo over weight, in such poor health.

Every brand of dog food sold is labeled "complete", but you're better off feeding a 'first world' known brand of premium food.

Good luck,