Anti-military dictatorship rap song tops iTunes downloads in Thailand

rooster59

7 hours ago, andux said:

Are you sure? 

Isn't your nice, democratic government brainwashing you, because there happens to be something in the Middle East, something known as black gold... Oh no it can't be it, it has to be that all people from the Middle East are murderers.

122105229_Bullshit.jpg.c91e48bfd5a8516ff98dd39fa658cbd9.jpg

Open your eyes sunshine! It's called religion vs religion. Perhaps Sunni vs Shia? Ring a bell?  ????

• Like 1

Post removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

The last dicks strong-armed YouTube into geolocational blocking. These boys don't seem to care much. If you'd like to listen, search Rap Against Dictorship 

<removed>

The current figure is nearly 13.5 million listens. If the guys with stars & medals are watching, that's more than 20% of the entire Thai population, much bigger if you exclude kids under 10!

Edited by unblocktheplanet
Add info
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Percy P said:

Young people are easley swayed. The military want democracy very much, but theirs a section of people against it.

The military, which in its structure is always an absolute monarchy and from which monarchy itself arose, "want democracy very much"?! ????

A "democracy" is the rule of the mob, in which the majority coerces the minority to follow its rules.

Even to say that any military wing of any government gang wants that "is not even wrong": it's insane. ????

3 hours ago, cmsally said:

Now over 13m views , that's around 100k views in only 10 minutes.

It also popped into my Mrs viewing suggestions on YouTube this morning, and she's pushing 50! We watched of course, cool Video! 

Edited by Small Joke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, twig said:

The military, which in its structure is always an absolute monarchy and from which monarchy itself arose, "want democracy very much"?! ????

A "democracy" is the rule of the mob, in which the majority coerces the minority to follow its rules.

Even to say that any military wing of any government gang wants that "is not even wrong": it's insane. ????

While I agree with your sentiments, you're not describing democracy anywhere. The Kavananuagh debacle showed how close the US "democracy" model is to the way things are done in LOS. Even the other half of the US Congress, never mind the masses, and most of the media,  could not stop that elite stitch up. 

Edited by Small Joke
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I doubt very much that this will get much airtime on Pattaya 103 FM, which is a shame really as they are such a progressive music station ????

I remember that when all the cool Thai stations (and at least one English language call sign) were shut down in CM in 2014, very few ever came back on air. ????

On 10/27/2018 at 2:27 PM, GaryAdriaenssens said:

I wouldn't want to be in those rappers's shoes, sorry. Somehow they will pay some price for it sooner or later. Maybe say goodbye to their career... in Thailand that is.

Or if people have REALLY had enough, just maybe they'll be Thai Lech Walesa's (remember Solidarnosc?) 

• Like 1

The figures are quite astonishing. - 14m views. I think someone has a problem. Reality hits. Hopefully, the powers that be will withdraw from the confrontation. I have serious doubts that the army of young conscripts will continuue to obey orders if push comes to shove.

Edited by nausea
More info.

On 10/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, connda said:

Speaking of pipe-dreams, a 'smart' junta would legalize marijuana as a 'stoned' populace is an apathetic populace and as such they could hold on to power for the next 100 years. 

And on that agreeable point too, I beg to differ, the amount of uptake after legalising ANY drug actually falls!

It's conservative paranoia, despite the fact that cigs and booze were marketed and sexed up relentlessly and DESPITE their hard and proven addiction potential, the world still does not turn in a state of inebriation, or a haze of tobacco smoke, funny that. Considering the fear mongering around all other drugs. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nausea said:

The figures are quite astonishing. - 14m views. I think someone has a problem. Reality hits. Hopefully, the powers that be will withdraw from the confrontation. I have serious doubts that the army of young conscripts will continuue to obey orders if push comes to shove.

Turning 'hits' or 'likes' into real action in the streets is a big leap, though not impossible.

When my b/f was still a conscript in 2012 or 2013, the soldiers were ordered to vote for Suthep & co. But the boys were mostly from Isaan and, surprisingly enough, they knew which side was up and voted for Yingluck ...

• Thanks 1

On 10/27/2018 at 4:20 PM, klauskunkel said:

I imagine Prayut is brainstorming with his girly band BNK48 how to answer that rap song:

803055328_bnk48.jpg.c4b11af937d257a5e882f860ff5b1b77.jpg

apparently they all found the answer between their molars...

Anyway, looking forward to the coming musical battle:

Sanitized Softy-Pop vs. Raw Power-Rap

Yes and the girlies are not allowed to even gyrate in those innocent outfits, unless, you know, they're "asking for it" according to the PM. This whole thing is so enjoyable.  I've never enjoyed a news story more since the lads were found in the cave.

• Haha 1

Wow been a farang and looking outside in interesting   

But these boys will pay brave to say the least 

I like how they said they will be found  and there thinking be  re adjusted 

Maybe they mean a knitting needle thru the frontal lobe area  and a bib for later

2 hours ago, maddox41 said:

Wow been a farang and looking outside in interesting   

But these boys will pay brave to say the least 

I like how they said they will be found  and there thinking be  re adjusted 

Maybe they mean a knitting needle thru the frontal lobe area  and a bib for later

They will not be touched. The junta will do nothing.

And business will go on as usual with the junta in power.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 10:12 AM, Small Joke said:

While I agree with your sentiments, you're not describing democracy anywhere. The Kavananuagh debacle showed how close the US "democracy" model is to the way things are done in LOS. Even the other half of the US Congress, never mind the masses, and most of the media,  could not stop that elite stitch up. 

It's true: democracy doesn't exist anywhere currently. Most government gangs - including US and Land of Something - operate under some variety of fascism by its economic definition.

The US and most other territories just continue with the dog-and-pony show to brainwash the herd that there is "representative democracy". :D

Direct democracy hasn't existed at national scale since ancient Greece? ...and for good reasons: democracy would be worse than fascism, and no better than it was when it killed Socrates for speaking out.

Seems that these young rappers instinctively understand all that better than most. Their only misunderstanding seems the most common one - that there can be a "good government" based on the coercion and robbery of a "democratic" armed gang.

Edited by twig
clarification
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, twig said:

It's true: democracy doesn't exist anywhere currently. Most government gangs - including US and Land of Something - operate under some variety of fascism by its economic definition.

The US and most other territories just continue with the dog-and-pony show to brainwash the herd that there is "representative democracy". :D

Direct democracy hasn't existed at national scale since ancient Greece? ...and for good reasons: democracy would be worse than fascism, and no better than it was when it killed Socrates for speaking out.

Seems that these young rappers instinctively understand all that better than most. Their only misunderstanding seems the most common one - that there can be a "good government" based on the coercion and robbery of a "democratic" armed gang.

Well you took the red pill. Most people will rather take the blue one and keep living in their little bubble.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, twig said:

Democracy is not perfect. Democracy (warts and all) is still better than whatever alternative is running second.

People vote, what the majority wants is what the country gets. Like it or not. Popularly stated as "of the people, by the people, for the people".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Democracy is not perfect. Democracy (warts and all) is still better than whatever alternative is running second.

People vote, what the majority wants is what the country gets. Like it or not. Popularly stated as "of the people, by the people, for the people".

Do you really believe people have any power in "democratic" countries?

People only vote on useless stuff, such as the clown to "represent" you or whether abortion or gay marriage should be legal. All useless in the grand scheme of things. The real power is still in the government's hands.

If you don't have the power to tell them all to leave, you have no power at all. "Voting" just keeps people under the illusion they have power, so they are very unlikely to try to overthrow the dictatorship in place.

Thailand will do the same thing: they will allow elections but they will keep the power. It's the smart thing to do. It's what every other dictatorship is doing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, andux said:

Do you really believe people have any power in "democratic" countries?

They do at the next election. And that IS better than a dictatorship! 

The PM laid down the expectation of Thai "elections" - it will be 'Thai style' democracy i.e. NOT western style democracy! Don't get confused.

• Haha 1

These guys are heroes to the Thai people, who have been without a voice for so long. Now they long for a way to tell these tiny heathen freaks who are desperately clinging to power, that they are not liked, not wanted, not needed, and must go. They represent only the elite, the powerful, the super wealthy, and those in power. Nobody else. Certainly not the common people. To them, the people are simply annoying plebs.

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

These guys are heroes to the Thai people, who have been without a voice for so long. Now they long for a way to tell these tiny heathen freaks who are desperately clinging to power, that they are not liked, not wanted, not needed, and must go. They represent only the elite, the powerful, the super wealthy, and those in power. Nobody else. Certainly not the common people. To them, the people are simply annoying plebs.

In reality, they're probably considered heroes to just a fragment of the population. 

I would be hesitant to become to slobbery and reactive over this event - 

Trust me - it's a fade that will pass as will their 15 minutes of fame and chat that accompanies. 

Yet, real intelligent and lucid activists have been spinning their wheels in public forever and no one ever takes notice. 

Guarantee that very few TVF members [and others] know of these brave souls that aren't considered flash-in-the-pans.

• Like 1