Visa Agents Days Are Numbered?

EL159

4 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Nothing I have read indicates that is required.  Why do you think it is?

I was reply to Johnoko experience....

Can you confirm that one can show up at 8-9am and get a queue ticket?...

Have the queue line disappeared?

Edited by sfokevin

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I hope so,BUT will it last,there were so many opportunities for easy

money,when things were made difficult,if Big Joke does not keep

an eye on Chiang Mai,things could quickly revert to what they were.

A level playing field was what was needed,even if you have to get

up a 5,it's only one day a year,is that really a hardship ?.

regards Worgeordie

Yes it is. And it is totally unnecessary if The Joker makes the system work efficiently.

21 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

There is a lot of other experience posted which is different from Johnoko's and indicates that there are other alternatives, not requiring 6am arrival.

Also Johnoko did not say anything about it not being possible to arrive at 8-9 for a ticket, he just reported what he did.  You created the rest with your imagination all by yourself.

Edited by Dante99

6 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

There is a lot of other experience posted which is different from Johnoko's and indicates that there are other alternatives, not requiring 6am arrival.

Also Johnoko did not say anything about it not being possible to arrive at 8-9 for a ticket, he just reported what he did.

But we have yet to hear from ONE Individual who has not used an agent and shown up at a normal business hour of after 8am and been given a queue ticket to process a visa renewal!...

One should be be able to show up at 8-10am and be given an appointment to process their visa renewal later that day... until that happens visa agents will flourish... 

Edited by sfokevin

13 hours ago, rebo said:

The agencies will never become extinct since many of them belong to current or retired high level IOs/relatives. Some of them even have "private" access to the computer system.
Know it first hand ...

You are one of the few mentioning that aspect on this thread but that used to be one of the loudest complaints.  Many posters in the past claimed that was the case and not very long ago at that!!!!  Have times really changed for all agencies or just the small fry with no connections?   There apparently used to be a simpler but more expensive way to get documents onto an I. O.'s desk than queuing from 4am.    Sure hope that has changed.    It was one of the reasons I used to say why I would never move to C.M.

Edited by The Deerhunter

6 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

But we have yet to hear from ONE Individual who has not used an agent and shown up at a normal business hour of after 8am and been given a queue ticket to process a visa renewal!...

I have not heard of one individual going swimming at Phuket this morning either.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

7.45am ticket obtained by one members assistant, is that close enough?

1 hour ago, johnoko said:

Did my yearly renewal 2 days ago. Was there at 6 am got my ticket at 6.15 and got processed at 7am. Didn't notice any cue sitters. Must say it was by all as pleasant as it can get I would say. Great work by mister big Joke I would say. 

Have they changed their opening hours? Last time I was there, they opened the doors 8.30, a couple of khanoms and 3in-one coffee and they started working around 9AM.

26 minutes ago, Thailand said:

7.45am ticket obtained by one members assistant, is that close enough?

No.. As I said before one should reliably be able to show up (without the aid of an Thai “assistant”) from 8-10am (normal business hours) and be given an appointment for later that day to process a visa renewal...

Until this happens visa agents will flourish... 

Edited by sfokevin

14 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

No.. As I said before one should reliably be able to show up (without the aid of an Thai “assistant”) from 8-10am (normal business hours) and be given an appointment for later that day to process a visa renewal...

Until this happens visa agents will flourish... 

What is the difference between him or his assistant turning up,only one of them doing the actual application?

The member could have have gone himself but decided on a more sensible approach.

This is the worse IO in Thailand and during my ten years here I havent seen anything that have been changed for the better. Too bad but that is the fact. So I am skeptical even when the built the new house, it is to small compere to the big touristarea. Why? Maybe Bangkok administration dont give them enough money.....they dont like the north? Or maybe the office are korrupt. I really dont know. But I know that is not normal service you give to people. It is terrible.

Also, If they were interested in doing a good service job, they should open 8.00 and close 21.00. And skip the lunch hour. But of course they need more people. Well, I hope still I can give my neighbur 500 bath for sit in the queue. Dont tell me they stop that?

• Like 1

There is no information saying you can not go in at 10 or 2 and in the past reports tell it was done without problem. You have created a fantasy and are trying to sell it as reality.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

What’s Big Joke actually done up to now, rounded up a few black persons, easy targets. If he was serious he would be visiting the Immigration/Agents Offices known to be issuing Visas to people with false documents,  re money in the bank for 3 months.

Has he paid a visit to any Banks who issue the letter stating The money has been in the Bank for 3 months when it goes in and out on the same day ?

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Which agents have 'depositing money' service? What are the terms and conditions?

I can't tell you, because I've never used them. Several impecunious retirees in my condo have. They have told me the fee for that service is 25K t0 30K baht.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

There is no information saying you can not go in at 10 or 2 and in the past reports tell it was done without problem. You have created a fantasy and are trying to sell it as reality.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Harding creating a fantasy... Just reiterating recent past... (just a few weeks ago a fight broke out in the linesitters in the wee hours of the morning there)... I will be the first to say well done if Immigration gets their act together and I can stroll in after lunch to complete my visa renewal... But until I hear a few more confirmed happy endings I will keep my visa agent as a favorite on my iPhone... :coffee1:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1061081-chinese-mob-at-cm-immigration/?tab=comments#comment-13437613

Edited by sfokevin

4 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Harding creating a fantasy... Just reiterating recent past... (just a few weeks ago a fight broke out in the linesitters in the wee hours of the morning there)... I will be the first to say well done if Immigration gets their act together and I can stroll in after lunch to complete my visa renewal... But until I hear a few more confirmed happy endings I will keep my visa agent as a favorite on my iPhone... :coffee1:

Sorry, I thought you had posted  on the ChiangMai massage parlor thread by mistake. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2018 at 2:57 PM, NCC1701A said:

Big Joke made a big point of specifically saying agents were abusing the system and had to be stopped. so not hard to believe.

up to you if you believe things will go back to "normal". 

But these agents are all lining very important pockets and the people who have these important

pockets are not going to allow part of their income stream to drop. We are not just talking about

ordinary Thais here, all these high ranking people have a lot of say in what happens with cracking down on this and cracking down on that.

• Like 1

I look at it this way, I see it when I believe it?  Maybe in CM, but elsewhere particularly Jomtien. Big Jokes isn't running the Tourist police any longer he is now in the fast lane playing with the big boys unless his family in government has his back no matter what.  As soon as the people getting hurt finds the right ear that is willing to listen to their plead it is bye bye. 

Edited by thailand49