Is my work permit transferable?

I am unhappy at my job and might well be fired or leave voluntarily soon
is my work permit transferable if I find another job?
I ask because I recently renewed my driving licence (motorbike) and the transport centre (Ekkamai) wouldn't accept my work permit (as they always used to)  because they need official proof of your address and work permits as of February 2018 no longer include the name and address of your employer in the permit book - someone told me then your work permit is no longer tied exclusively to your original employer
On the other hand, someone told me at work that the minute you leave your job you must surrender your work permit and have it cancelled
sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find a thread

The new work permits do not have the employers name on them anymore. But those have only been issued recently. There is not clear info available stating how it is done now.

I would say you will have to get a new work permit when you change employers.

The work permit is not the only thing that has to be changed. You current extension of stay would have to be canceled and a new one applied for with documents from your new employer and a work permit application approval letter.

• Like 2

The new work permits do not have the employers name on them anymore. But those have only been issued recently. There is not clear info available stating how it is done now.
I would say you will have to get a new work permit when you change employers.
The work permit is not the only thing that has to be changed. You current extension of stay would have to be canceled and a new one applied for with documents from your new employer and a work permit application approval letter.

Ubonjoe I’m afraid must disagree with you on one point
I recently renewed my work permit and now have the new digital version as an app on my phone
It consists of two pages the first being my personal details such as name passport number and job title
On the second page it clearly states my employers name and address
Unfortunately I cannot post a copy here but I’m you wish I can pm you with the details to back up my comments
Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app