Leicester City football club owner's helicopter crashes outside stadium

rooster59

The one positive is that the AAIB, Plod, Coroner, NHS etc will provide textbook 'how to' reports that might prove useful the next time an accident occurs here.

Rip to everyone caught up in this inc any on the ground.

Edited by evadgib

31 minutes ago, DeeMak9 said:

Sorry but in my book that does not make you a good person. Thaksin also gave a lot back to the society, including killing thousands of innocent people during his useless war on drugs.

Sorry I didn’t say he is a good person. Who’s to judge but God. You can judge? Even his corruptions must be proven in court. Don’t see him convicted and sentenced for corruption. There must be good reasons why Thaksin is still winning elections. Maybe the lack of fact about him killing thousands of innocents. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Sorry I didn’t say he is a good person. Who’s to judge but God. You can judge? Even his corruptions must be proven in court. Don’t see him convicted and sentenced for corruption. There must be good reasons why Thaksin is still winning elections. Maybe the lack of fact about him killing thousands of innocents. 

Oh my god... Yes I can judge. If you read up about it, there many pending court cases, and especially because him being connected and corrupt, he never got convicted. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DeeMak9 said:

It still doesn't make him a good person. I feel for his family, but he is no legend and I hope people remember him for who he was and not what kind of nice gestures he made. This is very Thai.

The good and great this guy did will far outweigh the bad, if any. If google is your fact Base you are simply choosing to believe it. That does not make it factual.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thian said:
4 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Why so much secrecy about who was on the board? 

For the stocks i guess?

Stock markets not open today...

Though BBC running this as their top story, only say:

The Leicester City owner's helicopter has crashed in a car park outside the club's ground as it left the stadium following a Premier League match.

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was in the helicopter when it came down at about 20:30 BST on Saturday, a source close to the family has told the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-46006470

But as yet no official conformation, no reports of how many on board, not even how many seats, no speculation, me think there is going to be a lot more to this that will be reported as the day goes on.

Edited by Basil B

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-46006470

Hasn't it been ~ 9 hours since the crash? Surely the owner would have addressed the public by now were he able to so.

It is clear he was on board, just no official conformation, but who else was on board???

Also I would find it hard to believe the car park was empty little over half a hour after the match.

Edited by Basil B

20 minutes ago, Thian said:

Me think the news will come after the stockmarkets are open....so they can be the first to sell....

Of course if he still is alive he could buy up shares on the cheap before announcing he is alive... 

But there again the Thai stock exchange may well suspend KP stock until there is official conformation of his fate, particularly if his son (CEO & Vice chair of KP) may have been on board also.

Edited by Basil B

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The lack of clarity on passengers suggests there is more to follow in this story. Seeing reports that the Leicester manager was seen boarding the flight. Twitter and bbc journalist. 

I do find it strange that the club have not said anything to quash the rumors about the manager. 

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:
6 hours ago, chippendale said:

I hope all the occupants are safe, but it looks unlikely.

Really?

No reports from Leicester Royal Infirmary or ambulance control who would normally make a statement if there had been any persons treated.

highly unlikely anyone could walk away from that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

Strange one witness said the fire occurred in the air prior to the crash while others have said the fire resulted on impact after the crash.