Good old-fashioned road atlas for Thailand. Recommendations?

JaiMaai

Can any recommended an old-school paper book road atlas for Thailand?

Before anyone tells me to just use Google Maps - I do, most of the time but I'm not one to put 100% trust in technology, especially since Google has taken me down some "odd" routes, or that's how it appears...

Really looking for one with a decent scale which shows minor routes as wellas the main ones.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ZX81 using a dial-up modem.

I have one that I bought ten years or so ago.  If I recall correctly they are available in those 'Bookazine' shops.  I use google maps for detailed local navigation, but it's nice to be able to look at a full sized page for planning a trip, rather than a tiny screen.

Thai maps - even the best costly book type - never contained many of the minor roads and none had dirt roads or trails.  Even town roads were often not shown.  Google may take you down a path at times but the maps are first rate and expect better than any print options.  I do admit have not given this much attention in last decade but Thai maps always were very poor for details and do not expect seldom used print editions have improved much.  Thailand has never been a map using culture - you travel point to point and ask for next point.

1 hour ago, otherstuff1957 said:

I have one that I bought ten years or so ago.  If I recall correctly they are available in those 'Bookazine' shops.  I use google maps for detailed local navigation, but it's nice to be able to look at a full sized page for planning a trip, rather than a tiny screen.

For a full sized page for planning a trip, Michelin maps are good 

https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-Map-Thailand-Maps-Country/dp/2067172662

5 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

My Ancestors used used the Stars .

Archived