How to get medical treatment in bangkok

DipStick

Over the last six weeks I have had a wound developing on my foot, just recently I have noticed that more and more of my foot appears to have been eaten and  am now very perturbed.

i arrived in Bangkok Friday night and have looked online at a number of close by HosPitals such as the Nonthavej, but it would appear I cannot make an appointment, just turn up and wait my turn. being also semi disabled getting in and out ofcars is difficult.

can anyone offer solutions.

Hopefully @Sheryl  can jump in here.

You need urgent care and should visit a PRIVATE hospital.

First aid, (lab) tests and wound treatment will probably not break the bank.

Untreated wounds can lead to live threatening situations.

One choice would be the Samitivej Hospital Thonburi.

https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/thonburi/#

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes, you need immediate care.

I don't understand the part about "it would appear I cannot make an appointment, just turn up and wait my turn."

You can  make appointments online at many private hospitals. You can also just show up at them without an appointment.

What exactly is the constraint that makes you think you cannot?

When you arrive at a hospital the first thing you have to do is register for a patient number and card, requires only your passport to do and takes just a few minutes. Then proceed to the department where you have an appointment or, if you have no appointment, ask the staff to direct you to an available doctor.

I have no experience with Nonthavej but any hospital should be able to handle what you describe. There may be some language issues but just show them your foot wound, that will speak for itself.

Take a taxi direct to the hospital entrance. They will have staff who will assist you into a wheelchair from there.

• Like 1

This is the appointment page of Nonthavej Hospital.

http://www.nonthavej.co.th/appointments-EN.php

Vibhavadi Hospital is in that area and would be a cheaper private hospital option than Samitivej and has international services department.  

https://www.vibhavadi.com/en_appointment

But at any private hospital the wait would be minimal to see doctor (just get registered with passport and see). 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Yes, you need immediate care.

I don't understand the part about "it would appear I cannot make an appointment, just turn up and wait my turn."

You can  make appointments online at many private hospitals. You can also just show up at them without an appointment.

What exactly is the constraint that makes you think you cannot?

When you arrive at a hospital the first thing you have to do is register for a patient number and card, requires only your passport to do and takes just a few minutes. Then proceed to the department where you have an appointment or, if you have no appointment, ask the staff to direct you to an available doctor.

I have no experience with Nonthavej but any hospital should be able to handle what you describe. There may be some language issues but just show them your foot wound, that will speak for itself.

Take a taxi direct to the hospital entrance. They will have staff who will assist you into a wheelchair from there.

I did notice that hospitals of a certain standard, do not appear to be as geared up as others. since my original efforts, I have been in contact with Samitivej Sukhumvit they have sorted me out and are even sending an ambulance to collect me