2018 Toyota Camry

the specs for the 'new' (at least on Thai market) Camry have been released. Only 4 model options - 2 x 2.5 Hybrids, a 2.5G and a 2.0G. None have the sporty looking front end in other markets (such as the SX in Australia), maybe an option or coming later? Also the blue is not available but you do get a choice of 2 blacks for the Hybrid.

https://www.toyota.co.th/camry/

01.png.3a07d7b7f3a42e5e04425ee38b64dde3.png

5 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The add link doesn't inspire very much. You Tube reviews are much better. Why do Thais do this. I see top ones when out of Thailand, a year later they pop up here with half the fun bits left off and more expensive.

Perhaps the ads inspire Thai folk...

Does fun stuff really have an effect on most locals here...Personally I don't think so..

6 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I thing both Honda and Toyota are very good car makers.     I don't understand why Toyota is appreciably more dear than Honda in Thailand.     Is that common in other countries?

It's about the same for the hybrid models. Actually, this new camry hybrid only attracts 4% excise tax. That makes it 60K cheaper than the previous model. I like the 2.5 with the 8 speed, but it's really under-specced compared to the hybrid premium. It doesn't even have a navigation system. That's a poor show for a car learn 1.6M baht. 

Some info on the hybrid here. http://www.headlightmag.com/preview-acce-fuel-toyota-camry-hybrid-tnga/

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Not bad.  I've always liked both the Camry and Accord in the luxury sedan market in Thailand.  Just wish Mazda would bring the Mazda 6 to Thailand....

1664445138_Mazda6_2019.jpg.c1256a839047790e9c6078ccd1b873b9.jpg

Is that some sort of special or just very airbrushed - cannot see the door handles :smile:

56 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

A family member just bought a new Fortuner and it cost , I was lead to believe,  1.6 million baht.

If thats the case , I  dont feel we will be seeing many Camrys  ( at 1.6 ) here in Thailand ...

The basic Camry from1.4 M. to 1.6 The basic Trucks start from 700K to 1.6 Mil.

1 hour ago, zaZa9 said:

A family member just bought a new Fortuner and it cost , I was lead to believe,  1.6 million baht.

If thats the case , I  dont feel we will be seeing many Camrys  ( at 1.6 ) here in Thailand ...

The fortuner is light years away from the new camry in terms of performance, comfort and tech. The only benefit of the fortuner is the higher seating position. 

4 hours ago, DavisH said:

It's about the same for the hybrid models. Actually, this new camry hybrid only attracts 4% excise tax. That makes it 60K cheaper than the previous model. I like the 2.5 with the 8 speed, but it's really under-specced compared to the hybrid premium. It doesn't even have a navigation system. That's a poor show for a car learn 1.6M baht. 

Some info on the hybrid here. http://www.headlightmag.com/preview-acce-fuel-toyota-camry-hybrid-tnga/

The Camry here is 1.6 million baht. That converts to $69,000 Australian dollars.

In Australia, a Camry ranges from $35,000 to $46,000, depending on specs.

IMHO those figures demonstrate what a total ripoff new car prices in Thailand are.

4 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

The basic Camry from1.4 M. to 1.6 The basic Trucks start from 700K to 1.6 Mil.

1.220,000 million baht.Oyster pearl white color. All bells and whistles. Toyota 4 x4 Rocco, 2.8 AT. Keyless ignition and doors.

New purchase.

2018-10-22 15.19.09.jpg

2018-10-22 16.19.46.jpg

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

The Camry here is 1.6 million baht. That converts to $69,000 Australian dollars.

In Australia, a Camry ranges from $35,000 to $46,000, depending on specs.

IMHO those figures demonstrate what a total ripoff new car prices in Thailand are.

You can compare to US prices as well for a genuine shock. Look at their service costs and resale while you are at it. Ripoff or not, it is what it is. 

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

1.220,000 million baht.Oyster pearl white color. All bells and whistles. Toyota 4 x4 Rocco, 2.8 AT. Keyless ignition and doors.

New purchase.

2018-10-22 15.19.09.jpg

2018-10-22 16.19.46.jpg

30,000 (thirty thousand) Quid for a new motor?

You obviously got more money than sense.

Enjoy your new Toyota truck.

3 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

He has a choise, some dont.

Each to their own.

I've had my 4 door Vigo Prerunner for 10 years now. It was 9 months old with 11k kms on the clock when i purchased it for 570k Baht S/H, new out the showroom at the time they were 780k.

Paying 570k for a car/truck made me wince, but at least back then the British Pound was still 60:1.

6 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

30,000 (thirty thousand) Quid for a new motor?

You obviously got more money than sense.

Enjoy your new Toyota truck.

I am enjoying it. It's the dog's <deleted>! Cars and trucks are expensive in the UK as well, you know?

The other point is I got 665,000 all in for my old truck, so I am happy enough with the deal as I got a fair trade in on a four-year-old truck and this is the new model.

I don't smoke and now drink very rarely and no mortgages.

It's what we do, how we live and what makes life worth living.

Slightly off topic guys but relevant.

I was toying with the idea of putting in a pool on the land as we have plenty of room.

However, we get enough ' unwanted visitors ' as it is. They come for everything. They come to sell products at the back end of the day that they haven't sold off, they come because we have a karaoke machine and a fridge full of everything,  There are local shops that SELL coke and beer, but they have to pay as opposed to our FREE stuff. They even come just to tap into our WIFI, as they don't want to pay or open 4G.

I then thought about how many extra visitors we would get with a swimming pool in the garden.

Also, then there is the maintenance of the said pool, increased electric bills, even MORE, unwanted guests, and then I had a light bulb moment...............New truck it is!

11 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Slightly off topic guys but relevant.

I was toying with the idea of putting in a pool on the land as we have plenty of room.

However, we get enough ' unwanted visitors ' as it is. They come for everything. They come to sell products at the back end of the day that they haven't sold off, they come because we have a karaoke machine and a fridge full of everything,  There are local shops that SELL coke and beer, but they have to pay as opposed to our FREE stuff. They even come just to tap into our WIFI, as they don't want to pay or open 4G.

I then thought about how many extra visitors we would get with a swimming pool in the garden.

Also, then there is the maintenance of the said pool, increased electric bills, even MORE, unwanted guests, and then I had a light bulb moment...............New truck it is!

Ever thought about a wall, and a gate ??

Archived