Line for 90 day at new location, near Airport.

SamSanuk

Just curious since I usually had no trouble at Promenanda. Showed up around 7am and usually got out during the morning.

If others have tried the new place, would you please give me an idea of “show up” time? 7 am too late?

Thanks much, Sam

57 minutes ago, namatjira said:

Sam, 

you can do it by mail, no need to even go there.

works like clockwork....once you have done it once you will never look back, except perhaps to wonder why everyone doesn’t do it by this method......

Yes, I’ve tried it once on my iPad, then a friends computer. Couldn’t get past the first page. Told me to contact Immigration. I’m not giving up, but gosh, wish it was easier to do. 

So....might have to take the usual route.

2 hours ago, SamSanuk said:

Yes, I’ve tried it once on my iPad, then a friends computer. Couldn’t get past the first page. Told me to contact Immigration. I’m not giving up, but gosh, wish it was easier to do. 

Should be easy to roll up currently with BJ on the case alternatively mail in or go across the road to the agent and they will be happy to it for you - for a consideration!

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Should be easy to roll up currently with BJ on the case alternatively mail in or go across the road to the agent and they will be happy to it for you - for a consideration!

On mailing, my date is Nov 12th. Is it too late if I send something in on Oct 31st? I read 15 days is needed, but the writing is vague on that matter.

5 minutes ago, SamSanuk said:

On mailing, my date is Nov 12th. Is it too late if I send something in on Oct 31st? I read 15 days is needed, but the writing is vague on that matter.

Send between 15  to 7 days before due date so in time. Register out  (So you can check receipt at immigration -  http://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/default.aspx?lang=en ) about 18 baht. 

SAE with 3 baht return stamp is all you need.

7 hours ago, SamSanuk said:

I had the same problem as you but it's because the software is inflexible.

If you type something wrongly or key in an extra space or two, it won't accept.

I tried several times and it went through to second page after correcting the errors on first page.

Make sure you type everything correctly.

Edited by EricTh

9 hours ago, amexpat said:

I got my approval from online reporting today. It's easy once you figure out how to do it.

The problem with the system is that it is unforgiving to typo errors, wrong dates or putting an extra space. Eg. when I put my flight number as PK 999, it won't accept but when I removed the space PK999, it went through. 

Once we figure out how to put what info in each field, then it's better than wasting money to mail or go there personally.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, EricTh said:

put my flight number as PK 999, it won't accept but when I removed the space PK999, it went through. 

Me too.  Once I put O instead of zero in my flight number.  But someone on this forum pointed out it is not a required field.

Maybe just enter data in the *fields. 

Twice, now, I've opted for reporting online.  Both times I'd been unable to print my receipt after my report had been approved.  So I still had to show up at immigration with a screen print in hand.  No waiting was necessary other than a very brief time for the clerk to finish with the person at her desk.  A receipt was quickly printed and initialed, and I was on my way again.

I'll continue to use the online method, hoping that one of these times I'll be able to print my receipt.

58 minutes ago, MrBrad said:

Twice, now, I've opted for reporting online.  Both times I'd been unable to print my receipt after my report had been approved.  So I still had to show up at immigration with a screen print in hand. 

That defeats the purpose of doing online.

I had no problem printing my receipt.

1. Key in reference number

2. Click on 'View' button

3. Click on 'The Next Appointment (Print)' button

4. Click on 'Print' on top right corner of screen.

2 hours ago, MrBrad said:

Twice, now, I've opted for reporting online.  Both times I'd been unable to print my receipt after my report had been approved.  So I still had to show up at immigration with a screen print in hand.  No waiting was necessary other than a very brief time for the clerk to finish with the person at her desk.  A receipt was quickly printed and initialed, and I was on my way again.

I'll continue to use the online method, hoping that one of these times I'll be able to print my receipt.

When you get to the page that says "APPROVED". look at the bottom of the page and you will see "The Next Appointment (Print)" ... click on that to get a .pdf of the receipt to put in your passport - It also tells you the next appointment date...

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.40.58 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.36.47 PM.jpg

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

LOL, I buy enough stamps to last a year (or more) once a year and never have to go to the Post to send the 90-day. You can get your rong tabilen stickers too.

So the postman collects the stamped letter off you ?LOL

but you did have to go to P.O. once in the last year,i did

my last 4 reports from my desk.the way to go,no waiting,

not sure the letter arrived or gets returned.

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

8-9 times on line, so far without any problem.

Last one was Monday,

applied 09.30 a.m.; received @mail that it was accepted at 01.30 p.m..

Same here... Submited yesterday morning approved in late afternoon... I have two years of in their online system... Chiang Mai

On 10/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, SamSanuk said:

I send mine in with only three or four days to go because otherwise you are losing too many days of your 90 each time.  Never had a problem in several years.

8 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I send mine in with only three or four days to go because otherwise you are losing too many days of your 90 each time.  Never had a problem in several years.

Good for you but with the new broom upsetting the routine at Chiangmai immigration the staff may be somewhat pissed and rigidly enforce their rules.

If you are just starting to use the mail in the letter should arrive between 15-7 days of due date,stick with that and it should run smoothly. Better still, regularly try online, more and more people seem to be able to do it.