Need Hotel/hostel Recommendation

lucidwave

Hi all,

Can anyone give me any hints on where to stay in Bangkok. I am looking for somewhere fairly cheap (ideally not more than 1200 bt a night). I don't mind if it is a guesthouse, I don't mind shared bathrooms, and location is not the biggest priority. However, specific things that appeal to me are: cleanliness, wifi, a good atmosphere, and maybe a pool.

Is this possible to find?

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions....

Try this place, you get a room with all you need for about 700 to 800bt per night. Really clean rooms, sat tv et al. Although watch out for the girls on reception they're realy on top and, can be quite agressive according to some. I did not have any problems though.

Just pay each day before you stay.

There's a smart pool on the roof too, don't dive in as its about 5ft deep.

We stayed there last April and were pleasantly surprised as we usually splash out when in large city's. Its close to the actio and far enough away to find quiet.

Its also about 3 minutes walk from the river taxi....!

Rambutree Village.

redrus

Try this place, you get a room with all you need for about 700 to 800bt per night. Really clean rooms, sat tv et al. Although watch out for the girls on reception they're realy on top and, can be quite agressive according to some. I did not have any problems though.

We stayed there last April and were pleasantly surprised as we usually splash out when in large city's. Its close to the actio and far enough away to find quiet.

Rambutree Village.

redrus

Mmm.......United fan and Khao San Rd backpacker eh redrus :o

...pleasantly surprised as we usually splash out when in large city's. Its close to the action and far enough away to find quiet.

Rambutree Village.

redrus

Mmm.......United fan and Khao San Rd backpacker eh redrus :D

I reiterate my above sentiments, you nit picking bitter blue................................... :o

:D

redrus

Rambutree Village.

redrus

Thanks very much. This place sounds affordable and good. Do you know if they have wifi there though?

Thanks again :o

Rambutree Village.

redrus

Thanks very much. This place sounds affordable and good. Do you know if they have wifi there though?

Thanks again :D

Sorry fella I'm not sure, the last thing I want when I'm away is my laptop.... :o There is a net cafe right downstairs, right next door to the best Indian Restaurant I've tasted outside the UK.

I use the cafe's if I need to contact anyone that way, maybe try mailing the hotel to enquire....?

Good luck and happy travels. :D

redrus