Family BBQ do I need a licence to play Snooker and Darts ?

MrMuddle

We've organised a family BBQ at the weekend. The plan was for the women to do the cooking, and sit and chat, while me and the other men / boys play snooker and darts, (though the women can play if they choose too).  Then I remembered that there was a big crackdown in Pattaya, a while back, about licences to play darts. Do I need to get one for this ? There will be no gambling involved, it's all just for fun.

Normally when men grow up they fine new past times....im surprised at your Age you still find snooker and darts appealing...

In Au BBQ times mean the Men off the house do the cooking over the griller....girls just do the salad.....few have pool tables here un less there left over from the 70's....swiming pools are more popular here and a dart board? gees haven't seen one in years...

Enjoy your weekend..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 5

Last time I went to Big C there were dart boards for sale in the kids toy section.  Why would you need a license to play with a toy that's for sale to kids?

23 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Why don't you invite Alex ?

Because... just read that post again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Last time I went to Big C there were dart boards for sale in the kids toy section.  Why would you need a license to play with a toy that's for sale to kids?

Because... just read that post again.

Care to explain ? I don't get your comment, sorry.

9 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Normally when men grow up they fine new past times....im surprised at your Age you still find snooker and darts appealing...

In Au BBQ times mean the Men off the house do the cooking over the griller....girls just do the salad.....few have pool tables here un less there left over from the 70's....swiming pools are more popular here and a dart board? gees haven't seen one in years...

Enjoy your weekend..

What planet are you living on.  It sure isn't earth!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

You should really think twice about this.

It starts off with snooker and darts, but soon you will move on to the hard stuff like bingo and bridge. And in severe cases it could go as far as Monopoly and Scrabble, from which there is no return.

Do you really want your kids to end up as board-game junkies? Wont someone think of the children? ????

And it could interfere with their cellphone use.????

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Enjoy your weekend..

Just occured to me....maybe he's not Australian?....(a few of us aren't).

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Just occured to me....maybe he's not Australian?....(a few of us aren't).

You think darts & pool only played in Australia ?  Maybe you should also get out & about a bit more.

Here, educate ya self. https://www.google.co.th/search?q=dart+tournaments+2018&oq=dart+tournaments&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.11951j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=snooker+tournaments+2018&oq=snooker+tournaments&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.11939j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Cheers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Enjoy your weekend..

Aren't you the party pooper, Baz!

Throw caution to the wind and get the darts out .... the boys in brown are for too busy with generating income to concern themselves over such a trivial matter. Besides, what can they charge you with? Missing a double?

On 10/31/2018 at 4:56 PM, AlexRRR said:

Enjoy your weekend..

Sounds a bit arrogant and stuffy and generally nuts. Like someone who says "act your age". So you have a timetable of what you are allowed to do at what age? Yikes. Not only that, but you expect others to adhere to what you think is "correct" too. God move over. Very sad there are people who think this way IMHO.

Too bad the general is worried so much about gambling that he has banned fun. I say have fun and pay the fine if need be.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:56 AM, AlexRRR said:

Enjoy your weekend..

Normally when men grow up, they learn to spell pastime correctly ????

Enjoy your weekend..

On October 31, 2018 at 6:30 PM, JaiLai said:

Do they do spot checks now to make sure people aren’t playing darts in their own house??

I think you’re being a tad paranoid.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Or they are worried about a relative reporting it and extortion??