Trump hardens stance on Mexico border, says 15,000 troops could be sent

webfact

On 11/6/2018 at 10:05 AM, bristolboy said:

So you know that what's great for troop morale is doing something completely unnecessary that takes them away not just from training but from their families as well. And it's a wise commander-in-chief who deploys the troops that way.

The British Army has a long tradition of doing just that.

It is known professionally as "<deleted> the troops about".

I'm sure that if General Mathis asked, we could send him some advisors to show them how to do it with style and flair - we are really very good at it.

Edited by JAG

It seems odd but Fox News and the President don't seem so concerned about "the invasion" these days.

Where's Martha McCallum? Did she go missing tracking the migrant horde?

I thought we were supposed to be very afraid? Now what? Are they still coming for our jobs?

In other news, the Pentagon has ditched that awful moniker, Operation True Patriot.

Pentagon Dropping Use of ‘Faithful Patriot’ as Name for Border Deployment

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pentagon-dropping-use-of-faithful-patriot-as-name-for-border-deployment-1541605581

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Every mission of this sort has Rules of Engagement IIRC that should cover all scenarios that could occur. Whether or not the Rules will come into play cant be predicted

The military disavows that its deployment is a "mission."

Thus, it dropped the mission title "Operation Faithful Patriot."

“We are merely referring to it as border support,” - Pentagon spokesman.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/11/07/dod-drops-border-deployment-name-no-longer-called-faithful-patriot/

So ROE would be inappropriate.

Should a civilian immigrant throw a rock at a soldier, the soldier needs to back away and let Border Patrol do THEIR job.

31 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

So ROE would be inappropriate.

Should a civilian immigrant throw a rock at a soldier, the soldier needs to back away and let Border Patrol do THEIR job.

Thats part of the ROE then. Thanks for acknowledging that. I assume it will also cover which soldiers have live ammo or even carry weapons, geographical limitations, the liason techniques,  receiving fire, visual confirmation of weapons, evac protocols and the like.

By the way you mean illegal alien instead of civilian immigrants dont you?  Immigrants enter a country lawfully with appropriate Visas. Just like here. You have Illegal Aliens, Non Immigrant Aliens, and Immigrant Aliens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats part of the ROE then. Thanks for acknowledging that. I assume it will also cover which soldiers have live ammo or even carry weapons, geographical limitations, the liason techniques,  receiving fire, visual confirmation of weapons, evac protocols and the like.

By the way you mean illegal alien instead of civilian immigrants dont you?  Immigrants enter a country lawfully with appropriate Visas. Just like here. You have Illegal Aliens, Non Immigrant Aliens, and Immigrant Aliens.

Ask a lawyer. She'll tell you that "illegal alien" is not a designation recognized by the legal system. Acts can be designated as illegal, not people.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Good job Mr Trump.

All this time I was taking your posts seriously, but now I get it - you're just here for comic relief.  You're the Jar-jar Binks of Thai Visa.

[edit] just in case it's not clear I'm being totally serious.  I actually had a guffaw when I read that post.

Edited by attrayant