What if I leave my car for a long time.

lassebasse

I once left my car idle for two years. I knew it would be a long stretch so I removed the battery, all 4 wheels, covered it and sealed up the doors with tape. The problem is rats, they got in via the ventilation system and ate through cables. They also made a home in the aircon fan housing.

After repairing the cables and clearing out the nest, the car started first time, a second after turning the key. I changed the oil, scrubbed the rust of the rotors and it was good to go.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:28 AM, Nip said:

I parked up my 15 year old diesel Toyota Sportrider in Bangkok. Under cover for 18 months. 6 cylinder 3000 cc. Crossed my fingers turned the ignition key and she started first turn and drove perfectly. Of course I also checked the oil, water brake and power fluid levels all ok. 17 years old. Oil change every 5000 km. Other than the oil all I have changed is the air con and tyres. Mint condition everything works and all original. I think i got my moneys worth? 

"I parked up my 15 year old diesel Toyota Sportrider in Bangkok...6 cylinder 3000 cc".

That's odd, Sportriders in Thailand were all inline fours, what '6 cylinder' engine did you have transplanted into yours?

Archived