More than 10,000 Thais deported from South Korea for overstaying their visa

webfact

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What I want to know is, do the Thais getting booted out of S. Korea get to stay in wonderful accommodation like the Thai BKK IDC before they make the long trip home?   Hopefully the treatment is reciprocal between the two countries!  :sleep:

The S. Korean Immigration authorities, meanwhile, do seem to have a fair bit better grasp on their numbers and statistics than their Thai counterparts do.

I did meet one. Busted fair and square by her own admission, but who now hates the Koreans:

Was she guilty? Yes.

Was money extorted from her? No.

Was she beaten or a confession extracted out of her? No.

Was she crammed in a cell? No, in a dormitory with other Thais. Bunk beds provided.

Was she fed? Yes, Thai food but not real Thai food.

Did she receive a fair hearing in Court (Lawyer provided at Korea's expense)? Yes.

So it could have been worse. But what about similar offenders in your jails. Should they be afforded similar treatment?

'Not interested. Don't care. The Koreans are bastards'.

How does one grapple with this mindset...?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most are working on farms and low skilled manufacturing jobs.  Most speak little or no English and viturally no Korean.  Communicating with their Korean Employers is difficult.   I never realized that many Thai’s were In Korea. The winter months must be brutal for them.  

35 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Most are working on farms and low skilled manufacturing jobs.  Most speak little or no English and viturally no Korean.  Communicating with their Korean Employers is difficult.   I never realized that many Thai’s were In Korea. The winter months must be brutal for them.  

SIL has been there 7 years. She loves the winter, and goes snowboarding. The only downside in her life is that even though she's had nice Korean boyfriends, their parents never let them contemplate marriage. Racism in its Korean expression.

13 hours ago, Artisi said:

Must be fake news, 10,000 Thais breaking the law, no, never, unlikely, couldn't be possible - only nasty foreigners visiting Thailand do that. 

Actually, they were fake Thais - Myanmar citizens with bogus Thai passports. ????

10,000 just in South Korea! Add places like the US and Japan and some key places in Europe and there would be maybe millions or hundreds of thousands minimum illegal Thais.

Any Thai restaurant or Massage shop you see abroad probably has illegal workers. 

16 minutes ago, rowan1981 said:

If it wasn't for all the foreigners coming to Thailand and taking all the jobs, then this would never have happened!  

Only a couple countries gain more revenue from tourism than Thailand. And, we can be sure the Thais are not counting or even estimating the MASSIVE black and grey money from sex and intertainment 

2015626100_Screenshot_20181103-081910_WorldInFigures.thumb.jpg.95540b14f0c1282ed8565347a2ee83e9.jpg

33 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

10,000 just in South Korea! Add places like the US and Japan and some key places in Europe and there would be maybe millions or hundreds of thousands minimum illegal Thais.

Any Thai restaurant or Massage shop you see abroad probably has illegal workers. 

You are right and there are lots of posters on here who actually claim they don’t understand why it’s so difficult for their GF, wife , Mia noi or whoever to get a UK, USA , AUS  etc visa!! 

Anyways, I hope the illegal Thais in Korea who didn’t get caught yet don’t  start a caravan to the north like illegals in Central America are doing now. They may get quite a big surprise! 

4 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

You are right and there are lots of posters on here who actually claim they don’t understand why it’s so difficult for their GF, wife , Mia noi or whoever to get a UK, USA , AUS  etc visa!! 

Anyways, I hope the illegal Thais in Korea who didn’t get caught yet don’t  start a caravan to the north like illegals in Central America are doing now. They may get quite a big surprise! 

Some of my farang mates complain just as you've mentioned but they won't accept that their 'Tiraks' are OBVIOUS current or former hookers. 

Normal people can usually spot a bar girl/massage girl/"hair salon" girl instantly. If the Tattoos don't give it away, the girls training to always be on the lookout for new men/wallets and rough, unrefined demeanor give it away.

4 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

S. Korea must have an immigration cop Big Kimchee who is outing Thais during Operation X-Ray Outlaw Overstaying Thais.

You must have missed one guy's earlier post who already gave him the name 

Kim Joke Un

????????

9 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Some of my farang mates complain just as you've mentioned but they won't accept that their 'Tiraks' are OBVIOUS current or former hookers. 

Normal people can usually spot a bar girl/massage girl/"hair salon" girl instantly. If the Tattoos don't give it away, the girls training to always be on the lookout for new men/wallets and rough, unrefined demeanor give it away.

After living in Pattaya five years I can pick them out of a crowd in an instant. My wife gets all pissy...you don't know that!! Don't say such things!! Yeah I do.

10 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

the Hub of Happy endings

15 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Agreed. But it’s also too bad because there are some legit Thais who want to visit Korea and Japan and I’m sure both of these countries may soon take away the no visa short stay arrangements. I’m almost positive that Japan will. Way too many Thais are coming in and never leaving. So I’d say some guys on here better get your ‘Tiraks” over for a Japanese or Korean holiday or you may be just going to Laos or Cambodia for vacation. 

I've visited Korea once a few years back and Japan a few times with the wifey. Zero problems, of course with me. She got her ten year US visa six months into dating me. 200k in the bank, no condo, kids or whatever. Solid job with letter. Jus sayin

19 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Korea must have a "Big Joke" too. Interesting to see Thai's are abusing the system in Korea FAR MORE than foreigners in Thailand.

You no unnerstan mista. Korea Asia like Thai so not same same as white-skin forina. So Thai can do, forina bad man cannot.

17 hours ago, Artisi said:

Must be fake news, 10,000 Thais breaking the law, no, never, unlikely, couldn't be possible - only nasty foreigners visiting Thailand do that. 

They didn't know that SK has laws.
Just paid money to get in there.
Please understand ! ????

A lot of narrow minded and bitter opinions here.

Does no one stop to think that every country in the world grapples with overstayers from all nationalities and each government deals with the problem the way they fèel they need to.

Only reason we're hearing about it here is we are on a Thai expatriate forum.

I'll probably be labeled a Thai apologist as everyone here with differing views from the mainstream TV posters are. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Thailand and it's people.  Sure some things about Thailand annoy me but I also get annoyed by some things about my home country.

We all have our differences but that's what makes the world an exciting place.

Archived