Are there any online delivery services in Thailand like Amazon?

RichardThailand

18 minutes ago, ResandePohm said:

Be careful ordering electrical goods on Amazon because you don't know where the supplier is located. If they are in the US you are likely to get 110v stuff and not 240v as needed here. This has happened to me in the past.

I know about this so i check it before.. not a major problem. 

19 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Amazon U.S. has a specific section of their website that is exclusive to their Amazon Global products, meaning those that CAN be shipped internationally, including to Thailand.

https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=230659011

Everything in Thailand, including Lazada, is a pale, substandard imitation by comparison, both in terms of the breadth of what's available for ordering, and frankly, the product quality and prices as well.

Amazon Global has the advantage of allowing the buyer to prepay a combined shipping and customs amount for the package, and know that they won't be charged any more, regardless. But those shipping/customs rates are pretty expensive, because they're only using private courier services.

Many folks who want to buy from Amazon U.S. find it's a much better deal to enlist the services of a mail forwarding service in the U.S. that provides their clients with a U.S. mailing address, have Amazon ship the products to that U.S. address usually for free, and then pay the reshipper to send the items onward to Thailand using USPS and/or Airmail, almost always at a much reduced price vs. Amazon Global.

In short, it's pretty easy to enjoy all that Amazon U.S. has to offer -- not just the Amazon Global smaller subset of that -- at their very good U.S. prices, without having to get stung by their pretty high Amazon Global shipping and customs duty add-on charges. Companies like Planet Express and Shipito are among the best U.S. reshippers for that kind of purpose.

That's not quite right. 

Lazada AND Amazon offer BRAND products. 

However you'll find often even they are brands As Philipps or Kenwood....and Others....... . Made in China. 

Lazada sucks ! Beware buying something, which comes from some third party seller, turns out it’s not available ! You are promised a refund which never comes, and then have to claim money through PayPal or credit card company which took 5 weeks! All this happened with Lazada

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I would like to use Shopee but there doesn't seem to be any option for ordering in English. I am missing it?

Only the applications for telephone are possible also in English, not the website, I talked to them by telephone I thought I have missed something too! So I buy with my computer, a MacBook, double-click: translate to English  and it works very well like that

29 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Lazada sucks ! Beware buying something, which comes from some third party seller, turns out it’s not available ! You are promised a refund which never comes, and then have to claim money through PayPal or credit card company which took 5 weeks! All this happened with Lazada

In a little more 5 years among other I bought a 40 000฿ Panasonic camera, it's flash 20 000฿. A MacBook air for my wife  a few telephones two helmets 2500 ฿ each an Italien oven 10 000฿  A home bicycle 30 000฿ dozen of little products, some coffee regularly for expresso,  never ever the smallest problem, since I buy regularly, if needed, almost never, but  I tell them to refund in my wallet, and it's done in a few hours.

So Lazada sucks? No Sir it does not! 

• Like 2

My 18 y.o. Daughter and her Uni friends use Lazada and reckon it’s good and reliable.

They are not particularly impressed with Amazon as they’ve had instances where Amazon will not deliver to Thailand.

I much prefer ANYONE who delivers COD.

Edited by Torrens54
Correcting Typo. Thanks to dumbass Autoprompt, Spell Check or whatever!

58 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Lazada does COD on every order. Gotta say its an absolute fantastic service and I have purchased upwards of 50 items, compared to anything else in Thailand its 110% 

I use Lazada, shopee (through the app) and chilindo, all use COD, and have been reliable so far. InvadeIT was a good experience too, but you have to go and pay at a bank. I stopped using a couple of other well known online stores, due to stuff taking forever to arrive, or not arriving at all.

8 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I order 2 or 3 times a month from Lazada. No such thing as prompt refunds from Lazada. Refunds take a week to 10 days. I don't consider that prompt.

I've been using Lazada for six months or more. I too order two or three items a week. I've only requested refunds twice, and each time I got them in less than a week. I pay with a Thai bank debit card and my Thai account was credited with the full purchase amount.

One item was a pair of golf shoes. I got the order, played 18-holes in them, decided they were too small ???? , ordered another pair in a larger size, requested a refund, printed out their return label, packed them up and took them to a 7-11, and got a full refund in less than a week.

I was a happy camper! ????

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's not quite right. 

Lazada AND Amazon offer BRAND products. 

However you'll find often even they are brands As Philipps or Kenwood....and Others....... . Made in China. 

Not sure what part of my comment wasn't quite right:

I said IME, Lazada for brand name products is usually more expensive than the best price that can be found in Thai retail stores.

And more to the point, for the same brand name products, Lazada typically is vastly more expensive than buying the same thing directly from Amazon.

Regarding Lazada, apart from their actual brand name products, they also unfortunately carry tons and tons of worthless junk listings for all kinds of worthless, cheap junk from China. Apart from the actually useful brand name products that are also made in China.

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Lazada does COD on every order. Gotta say its an absolute fantastic service and I have purchased upwards of 50 items, compared to anything else in Thailand its 110% 

No, they don't offer COD on every order. It depends on the specific seller and whether or not the product is local in Thailand or being imported from outside.

But yes, I'd agree, in terms of their pricing, you'll often end up paying 110% of the price with Lazada that you'd pay for the same item if you shopped around in local stores a bit.

In a little more 5 years among other I bought a 40 000฿ Panasonic camera, it's flash 20 000฿. A MacBook air for my wife  a few telephones two helmets 2500 ฿ each an Italien oven 10 000฿  A home bicycle 30 000฿ dozen of little products, some coffee regularly for expresso,  never ever the smallest problem, since I buy regularly, if needed, almost never, but  I tell them to refund in my wallet, and it's done in a few hours.
So Lazada sucks? No Sir it does not! 

And of course the fact it sells fake goods from 3rd Party sellers

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

And of course the fact it sells fake goods from 3rd Party sellers

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

All merchants are rated and time on site openly listed - due diligence might be advised but in my experience over the almost 5 years I have been using Lazada I have not received any fake item.  Other platforms yes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justin Side said:

I have ordered loads of stuff from Lazada over the years and never had a problem.

The two items I did return via 7/11 were refunded pretty quick.

Always select COD.

We've always had good results with Lazada.....

Only dicey thing occurred when the wife ordered 2 identical power banks.....One warped & quit after 8 months, maybe 4 uses.....

Possibly a copy or just defective, unsure which....

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But yes, I'd agree, in terms of their pricing, you'll often end up paying 110% of the price with Lazada that you'd pay for the same item if you shopped around in local stores a bit.

That supposes that your local stores actually carry the items you want to buy. In Bangkok that may be the case but in Pattaya it is hard to find much choice of products or any stock of anything. I've lost count of the number of hours/days I've spent looking in shops here to no avail. So Lazada, with its COD payment scheme and delivery within a few days, can be very useful and can also save money.

15 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

That supposes that your local stores actually carry the items you want to buy. In Bangkok that may be the case but in Pattaya it is hard to find much choice of products or any stock of anything. I've lost count of the number of hours/days I've spent looking in shops here to no avail. So Lazada, with its COD payment scheme and delivery within a few days, can be very useful and can also save money.

Agreed.... Even in BKK, I run into that same problem oftentimes...which is why I usually end up ordering from Amazon U.S. where it is quick and easy to find and purchase things, and end up paying less (including with my reshipping expenses) than if I had bought anywhere in Thailand, Lazada or otherwise.

But I will note with Lazada, as you probably know, there are two broad types of sellers -- Lazada themselves, and then any array of 3rd party sellers who simply use the Lazada platform. What I've found interestingly is some of those 3rd party sellers also have their own retail shops and/or public websites, and their product prices in their stores or even on their own websites are often somewhat lower than when they sell via Lazada, probably because they're not having to figure in Lazada's cut of their action when they sell direct.

So one good shopping tip I've found when browsing on Lazada is if I happen to find a product I'm interested in from a 3rd party seller, I then go to their store front/seller info on Lazada and use that to try to see if they have their own physical store and or website. And then check their prices on the same item there.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

just fyi, Amazon announced in the past week that they're going to be offering free domestic U.S. shipping on all the things sold directly by Amazon (not including things sold by 3rd party sellers) during the holiday season. That policy change is already in effect now, and applies equally to Prime and non-Prime members.

The only unknown part, from what I've read, is just how long the blanket free shipping offer is going to last. Apparently Amazon said during the "holiday season," but they didn't specific an exact end point.

Paid Amazon Prime members already get free U.S. shipping on purchases direct from Amazon, regardless of the price. But normally, non-Prime members have to have an order of at least $35 from Amazon as the seller in order to qualify for their free domestic shipping. But right now, that $35 minimum amount is waived.

I have used Lazada many times.  I did order a battery 3.8v 2000mAh  but got 3.7v 1600mAh.  Easy return process but a little slow for refund.  I then ordered same battery but this time different store.  This time got 3.7v 1750mAh.  Lol getting closer but not right. Initiated online return and contacted Lazada customer service via online chat.  Advised them this the second time the wrong item sent.  Told them I won't be buying that battery from them again.  End result,  Lazada refunded the money and told me to keep the item. So I got the item free,  even though it was the wrong item,  I was impressed with the customer service. Since then I have had good experience with my orders. Using Lazada wallet also attracts cash back discounts (just the other day got 11% cash back on the purchase price),  promotion coupons of cash to your wallet which you can use immediately and if not sufficient for the purchase the process of top up to your wallet through your banking app is very straight forward. I could have become a hater,  but imo the response from customer service saved the day and I have not had any further problems. have never had to pay for delivery and this is usually two days,  unless from a supplier in China for example.   PS not a paid advert, just a happy customer.