Are there any online delivery services in Thailand like Amazon?

RichardThailand

I use Amazon a lot outside of Thailand and will be heading there soon for an extended stay.  Are there any services similar to Amazon that deliver in Thailand.  How about Amazon itself, are there any selected shippers that will deliver to Thailand from overseas and if so are there issues with customs and things like that?

I bought my Sony TV from a leading electronics retailer, who also sells through Lazada,,,,great price.  A decent place for some sexy stuff for the housekeeper, too.  Unlike PowerBuy, they take US credit cards, too.

Banggood is fine for some inexpensive electronic items...like those new corn led lights.

Edited by moontang

Amazon will tell you upfront if they ship the item in question to Thailand...it looks like they collect the customs fees up front....a 14 USD package of fruit of the loom will run about 1400 THB...never seen anything tempting..although I think they are getting in on the direct from china routine for low priced items.

amazon and sites like them are  simply middlemen listing other peoples products for sale online, similar to a yellow pages that relays orders to real merchants.

When getting things shipped internationally your better off buying direct from the merchant (who btw typically has there own selling website).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

When getting things shipped internationally your better off buying direct from the merchant (who btw typically has there own selling website).

You have little or no consumer protection - if shipped from USA almost no merchants have a clue there is a world beyond the lower 48.  Amazon provides a range of prices from different merchants and this often means prices lower than retail.

There are lots of reasons to buy from Amazon. Yes, you can find some same items on Lazada but if not satisfied after 1 week, kiss your money goodby. 

Amazon Global usually has a much better selection than Lazada. Amazon collects VAT and Customs charges upfront and you usually have the goods in 5 working days.

I have had 3 orders from Amazon in the last 6 months and received 50% of the custom charges back as Amazon always overstates those charges. eBay Global Shipping will never refund any Customs charges.

I ordered an Android TV Box from eBay Global who guarantees delivery as Amazon does.

The box was stopped in customs and sent back to eBay. I did get a full refund.

I ordered the same box from Amazon. It went through customs in 30 minutes without a hitch. I ordered a second box.. same experience. I received customs refunds on both boxes as well.

The Net cost from Amazon my be a few bucks more but they will take anything back and 5 day delivery is very acceptable.

BTW Amazon states when they will ship your order and when it will arrive. My second TV box was shipped 2 days late but arrived on the quoted delivery date. Amazon refunded all shipping costs as they shipped late. Like I said above.. There are good reasons to buy from Amazon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I order from Lazada a lot. I've had very good service from them including prompt refunds when I returned items. It's, of course, not as big as Amazon and does not have the variety of products it has.

I order 2 or 3 times a month from Lazada. No such thing as prompt refunds from Lazada. Refunds take a week to 10 days. I don't consider that prompt.

58 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I order from Lazada a lot. I've had very good service from them including prompt refunds when I returned items. It's, of course, not as big as Amazon and does not have the variety of products it has.

Agree however Lazada does have a pretty big range.  There's also Alibaba, Aliexpress big range, good prices, good quick delivery.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

As well as Lazada, prompt shipping, occasionally Amazon, they deal with customs clearance, I often use Banggood and DX both of them are aggregators for Chinese producers, everything is worth the price (buy cheap get cheap, pay more get quality) never any customs charges. I haven't bothered with eBay or Aliexpress as I have been able to get everything from the first 4.

YMMV

2 hours ago, billsmart said:

Only thing wrong with Lazada and Kerry Express is they ruin a good Thai Bash. Could they take over Immigration next..!. Not one complain since we started using both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought a safe from Lazada and the lock was on crooked.  I made them come and carry the 53 kg beast away...the guy didn't even have a hand truck or dolley...so you really do have to watch them on the defective stuff...but Amazon will pull a fast one here and there, too.  Any thing listed as one size for the ladies is meant for a lady 140 cm tall.

11 minutes ago, khunPer said:

I've used both Amazon and Lazada for deliveries in Thailand, and been happy with both. For the products I've bought from Lazada the price has been very fair, and the delivery was quick...????

To my dismay, whenever I've shopped on Lazada and then been able to compare the exact same product assuming I can find it available somewhere at a store in BKK, the store price invariably is cheaper than the Lazada price, sometimes just a little, sometimes a lot. So in my book, they're not offering bargain prices by any means. Meaning I almost never find Lazada itself cheaper than retail stores.

Of course, you can buy things on Lazada that either are hard to find or cannot be found in local stores. But unfortunately, Lazada's prices on imported items from places like S. Korea or Japan are astoundingly high, with even greater price disparities than with the items that can be found locally in Thai stores.

11 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I would like to use Shopee but there doesn't seem to be any option for ordering in English. I am missing it?

If you use Chrome, I would suggest using Google Translate for shopee. It does a fairly decent job. Also, the shopee app on your phone can be changed to English for the menus but most of the items listed will still be in Thai.

I also use supertstore for electronics at good prices (strangely enough they also have health and beauty products).  Their web site can be set to English and they have English speakers on customer support.

Edited by Silurian

10 minutes ago, moontang said:

I just tried shopee, using Android and chrome...asked me at the bottom if I wanted English...but no Thai or US flag thing to choose language.

To change the shopee android app to English. 1) Click the person icon on the bottom right. 2) Click the settings button (gear icon) on the top left. 3) Click the 10th item listed on the settings screen (ภาษา) 4) click on English 5) click the check mark on the upper right. It should now switch to English.

For Chrome, install the Google Translate extension. And use that to translate from Thai.

Edited by Silurian

I should have stated it worked fine.  All I had to do was answer Thai or English when prompted, which is a function of Translate.  I did say no to adding it to my screen, which may have been required to set it with Android.  

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Some on amazon do deliver to Thailand others don't. I use Ebay a lot it works good. In Thailand you got lazada it works ok too.

Be careful ordering electrical goods on Amazon because you don't know where the supplier is located. If they are in the US you are likely to get 110v stuff and not 240v as needed here. This has happened to me in the past.