Beards

nausea

What is it with the beards? Every second young guy I meet nowadays has a beard. Is it a reaction to the trans movement, or a subconcious admiration for the macho values of ISIS, or something else. Personally, I've had every facial hair style going. Nowadays I go with the shave every three days school of thought, but that's because I'm lazy, and Gillette Mach 3 are expensive.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly, I'd just like to say that I'm in Saudi so I have the beard to blend in, And I quite like the look of it. I'm often taken for Turkish or Syrian here.

My wife also likes it as long as it doesn't get too long. The kids like it too and think it suits me. 

When we're in Thailand she says that she thinks that Thais will think I'm a mean guy, and not someone to mess with. 

And if you look at the soaps, the bad guy often has facial hair, so there may be an element of truth in this. 

I did nearly shave it all off during my last trip to Thailand. I found that beards and humidity don't mix. Don't think I could do one full time in Thailand. 

I'm in the middle of the desert in Saudi so it's zero percent humidity and not an issue. 

You just getting old,  every young man or kid does this even you when you were young based on your own words.  Like my son he wears one looks stupid peach fuss but you can't tell him that but I do tell him you also got a dick but that doesn't make you a man.????

Respectfully, none of you have it correct because you are all slaves to the international shaving manufacturers' cartel.

You talk about "Shaving" as if it is somehow "Normal"

What you are talking about is the process of using a sharpened piece of metal to rip the hair out of your flesh.

Now that you have the proper language and context, it is clear why men have beards.

End of.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

When I was growing up, the only guys that had beards were the guys with no chins, and the paedophiles.

I don't really understand it, and I don't think most women like it either. Just a place to stop you from dribbling 

on your shirt, and catches the odd bit of food that falls out of your mouth.

Maybe I'm just old school, but as far as I remember the Jesus look went out of fashion about 2000 years ago.

If you shave with electric razors, it is quite cost effective, maybe a new blade set once a year on a 15,000 Baht Braun

and your good to go, so that's not really an excuse either.

Always wondered if these young guys with beards, shave any other parts of their bodies.

40 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

By the beard of the Prophet! Could this be the explanation for all those whiskers?

PF_17.04.05_projectionsUpdate_change310px.png

Interesting: why is Buddhism at the bottom of the list?  Does the religion, which guarantees that you will "come back" as SOMEthing make everybody a bit lazy....I mean, why bother, if you know you will come back as SOMEthing, why bother procreating....it's just too much bother...

In a long and largely undistinguished life I am glad to say that I have never sported a beard....in my 20s I saw that the guys with beards were either BORING, oh sh!t were they boring, OR they were going bald and somehow thought that growing fuzz would distract attention away from their ever-receding hair-line.

Also, show me the woman who actually likes having her face scratched in moments of passion by some guy who is too lazy to shave...

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Respectfully, none of you have it correct because you are all slaves to the international shaving manufacturers' cartel.

You talk about "Shaving" as if it is somehow "Normal"

What you are talking about is the process of using a sharpened piece of metal to rip the hair out of your flesh.

Now that you have the proper language and context, it is clear why men have beards.

End of.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Absolute rubbish. I shave regularly because it feels better to me, a nice smooth chin and some nice fragrance. I do not do it cos I want to keep Gillette or Bic in business. And I do not 'rip the hair out of my flesh', I cut it level with the surface of my skin. Many many men have beards because their 'religion' tells them to, via their parents.

When I was young lad the style was “CleanCut”. Today the style is “Grubby”. You can see it in the entertainers as well. The Sillouettes, the Marcel’s, all the singing groups were well dressed in beautiful suits and the ladies all wore dresses with crinolines. The decline in personal public appearance is closely related to the decline in morals. Truly pathetic.

The Hollywood crowd appears to be at the forefront of this fad, with most male actors, in movies or TV series, sporting a 5 day "beard", yet rarely the real thing a la ZZ Top!

Of course if Holywood, including Captain America does it, that mean's it is cool, and if you don't do it, you are out of touch.

The unshaved face is still better than the self-mutilation ritual of covering one's body with generally ugly tattooes, something that the overpaid and underthinking football players seem to enjoy particularly...

33 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

When I was young lad the style was “CleanCut”. Today the style is “Grubby”. You can see it in the entertainers as well. The Sillouettes, the Marcel’s, all the singing groups were well dressed in beautiful suits and the ladies all wore dresses with crinolines. The decline in personal public appearance is closely related to the decline in morals. Truly pathetic.

Showing your age a bit quoting The Marcels. What about The Beatles and Beach Boys (at first), The Shadows, I don't think any of the Stones had beards, The Supremes, The Ronettes.....oh I am getting silly. I blame it all on Benny from Abba!    lol 

Been a lazy bastard ,i have had a beard from the time I was

old enough to grow one,also a cheap charlie,just think of the

money I have saved on shaving soap,razors,no wonder i am 

rich,oH ! and the time I have saved not messing about in the 

morning,its win,win,win, all the way,it's never been a disadvantage

to me ,and i like it.

regards worgeordie

i used to have a beard  up to 12yrs ago---my first trip to thailand/phuket...

thai woman dislike beards and too much hair-anywhere..

i have never had a beard since--just as well-it would be grey/.white---makes me look even older..

i dont need that...

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Been a lazy bastard ,i have had a beard from the time I was

old enough to grow one,also a cheap charlie,just think of the

money I have saved on shaving soap,razors,no wonder i am 

rich,oH ! and the time I have saved not messing about in the 

morning,its win,win,win, all the way,it's never been a disadvantage

to me ,and i like it.

regards worgeordie

Sounds like a song...you know...that's the way uhu uhu... I like it!

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Nyah.  I let it go until it's too itchy to be comfortable then shave it so I don't feel like scratching my face 24/7. I've used a straight razor before but it's more convenient to simply buy Gillette. Saves me from having to buy Band-aides instead. 

1 hour ago, ikbenhet said:

These were the hipsters of my era - no one had a beard. Actually, they were more drawn to typewriters and handguns and they all shrugged off the status quo. 

HST.jpeg.ce6d79f8526d4a75cc1d14861718b746.jpegWB.jpeg.4dbbd9c23ac4d7b1d721d647903111bd.jpegJC.thumb.jpeg.d1eff5c54c42a9e02f31ee829ef3e64d.jpeg

Archived