Visa on arrival refused

58 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If that is the exact wordage then there is no problem, he wasn't deported or 'excluded', he was denied entry.

Had he flown into Bangkok later the same day there would be no problem - I suspect this is what they're looking for - cases where a person is deported / PNG.

Exactly what does it say on the form ?

20181105_144136.jpg

Edited by Indianguy

This was the form given to me, sorry for its bad shape, i hope its readable, i just noticed it says notification of expultion does it mean deported ( bad) or visa refusal( normal) ??? And i did not fly to bangkok after that, i took a flight back to india from cambodia itself..

Edited by Indianguy

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only thing on that form that has been completed is the denial of entry part.

I think he meant the Australian permanent residency application form.

Does that mean this is just on paper at that particular check point? As its not even complete..they just handed over this to me to return back..

3 minutes ago, Indianguy said:

Does that mean this is just on paper at that particular check point? As its not even complete..they just handed over this to me to return back..

That form really means nothing more than the denial entry stamp. If there is copy of it done it would only be kept at the border crossing.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only thing on that form that has been completed is the denial of entry part.

I think he meant the Australian permanent residency application form.

That's right, what it asks for on the Australian form is the important part.

I suspect it's going to be talking about deportations for criminal type matters, not simple denial of entries which are pretty much inconsequential. Of course they might be asking if you've ever been denied entry to a country and why, so the wording on the Australian form matters.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ukrules said:

That's right, what it asks for on the Australian form is the important part.

I suspect it's going to be talking about deportations for criminal type matters, not simple denial of entries which are pretty much inconsequential. Of course they might be asking if you've ever been denied entry to a country and why, so the wording on the Australian form matters.

But in form 80, they do ask if you have been deported or refused visa in any country..

But the point is that smthing to worry about or can i get rid of it..????

Edited by Indianguy

1 hour ago, Indianguy said:

But in form 80, they do ask if you have been deported or refused visa in any country..

But the point is that smthing to worry about or can i get rid of it..????

Ok, that settles it. The answer to their question is NO.

You haven't been deported or refused a visa, you were denied entry which is something very different.

They're not asking about this scenario so don't tell them about it and you can not tell them about it with a clear conscience as well because they are not asking about this situation at all.

Edited by ukrules
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Ok, that settles it. The answer to their question is NO.

You haven't been deported or refused a visa, you were denied entry which is something very different.

They're not asking about this scenario so don't tell them about it and you can not tell them about it with a clear conscience as well because they are not asking about this situation at all.

Screenshot_20181105-181330_Word.jpg

8 hours ago, dennis123 said:

This was a few years ago and this was at a land border that although they employ a bunch of grumpy guys they never really refuse anyone for any reason, except for OP as they don't like dark people from other countries.

They deny lots of "white" people at that border-crossing.  Maybe not that group on that day - but if you had a couple prior entries recently, they may shaft you regardless of skin-tone.  Any other entry-point from Cambodia probably would have been OK. 

No other land-border anywhere is reported to stamp that crap in your passport, either - when refused-entry (rare), they just let you walk back where you came from and cancel your exit-stamp.

• Thanks 1

Those who read this forum know that the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing should be avoided. There are frequent problems there that are never encountered anywhere else.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily about your Australian permanent residence application. Even if this visa refusal was noted in Thailand's immigration system (which it may not have been) there is no chance of it being shared with the Australian authorities.

Rubbish. They look at every page of your passport and have people to translate Thai.
Just don’t lie there will be no problem.
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Indianguy said:

I guess i should do that as most of people sre suggesting same. 

As i have not done anything illigle and it wasnt my fault.. i guess they will understand.

You will be fine. Get a decent immigration agent who should also reassure you of the know their stuff.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Rubbish. They look at every page of your passport and have people to translate Thai.
Just don’t lie there will be no problem.

Actually i can get a re issued passport which will have no stamps but its about the case if passport number is entered manually as i will have to provide the old passport number too

3 hours ago, mngmn said:

You will be fine. Get a decent immigration agent who should also reassure you of the know their stuff.

I tryed the same but every agent has diffrent view, one suggested me to get a new pasport and not menrion it, ither said that there are chances that they can find out..

A decent agent will not suggest you break the law and risk permanent exclusion from Australia!

I really feel this forum is feeding your anxiety. The right thing is to disclose the denial of entry exactly as it happened with no criticism of Thai immigration.

Find an agent that agrees this is the correct thing. Lodge your application. You will be granted your visa.

In the unlikely event you are not, you can appeal.

This is exactly the advice my friend was given BUT they had multiple exclusions, from multiple counties with valid reasons. Their visa was granted.

Edited by mngmn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

hello everyone, its long time but just wanted to inform you all that today i got my PR to australia, and like you guys adviced , i truthfully mentioned in my application where i asked if i was refused entry or visa denied in any country. i did not mentioned anything like racism or any ranting. luckily they did not mind it and gave me visa.

being truthful was good idea.

thank you everyone for helping me at that time, when i needed suggessions most. i am really greatful to you. 

• Like 2

actually, my brother sisters already live there, and in canada i didnt knew anyone. so my family chose australia, so tgt all can be at same place!! geting canadian visa was easy though!! plus the rate with which they are allowing refugess from middle east in some time it will be another india????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2018 at 7:36 AM, mngmn said:

A decent agent will not suggest you break the law and risk permanent exclusion from Australia!

I really feel this forum is feeding your anxiety. The right thing is to disclose the denial of entry exactly as it happened with no criticism of Thai immigration.

Find an agent that agrees this is the correct thing. Lodge your application. You will be granted your visa.

In the unlikely event you are not, you can appeal.

This is exactly the advice my friend was given BUT they had multiple exclusions, from multiple counties with valid reasons. Their visa was granted.

I hate hearing about people being treated like IndianGuy.  The Kingdom is fast loosing its' luster as the "Land of Smiles" because of stuff like this.

What Indianguy went through seems to be an example of rude, unfair and arbitrary reactions by Customs and IMM officers that is occurring with increasing frequency here in the Kingdom.

Personally I experienced this treatment and was delayed for over an hour at the Golden Triangle trying to re-enter upon doing a normal 90 day border run for my METV.

It seems that the best course of action is as you have described.  IMO you have posted the best advice for anyone finding themselves in such a ridiculous and frustrating situation.  Just remain polite but stick to your guns.

Edited by WaveHunter