Using aerated bricks as a room liner.

Audragon

I am considering buying a second hand, two storey modern concrete Thai style house in Chiang Mai in a project. Has anyone ever lined their interior rooms from protruding concrete pillar to concrete pillar with aerated bricks then a thin layer of render? I guess I'm looking for good insulation and a smooth flat interior wall. Any other suggestions (from first-hand experience) gratefully accepted. Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You may be better off going with metal studs and a gyproc facing, add insulation as required in the cavity.

Much quicker to do, lighter and likely cheaper.

Could he not use the plasterboard with polysyrene attached to it, glue it onto the wall.

I wish you just get idea of polystyrene out of your head completely.

Bottom line, its absolutely no good for anything, and it never was!

To line ouy the walls, yes easiest is metal studs because you can guage them exactly to the column protrusions. Then you can insulate the back with two inch, three inch insulation batts at a couple hundred bt per 4m length. Then line the whole lot with plasterboatd.

Its actually a very quick and easy method to use....if you know what you are doing.

Dont even entertain bricks or blocks, its messy and a lot of buggeration and with plastering the wet trades are going to desecrate your rooms.