‘Big Joke’ to continue with crackdown

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, wazzupnow said:

if he is finished with his job here i hope he continues this affort in europe, he can teach them something

and maybe my pension will not be eaten by guys that never paid for anything

Why are you writing this drivel, this is a Thailand forum

about Thailand, not Europe. :stoner:

Edited by stanleycoin

1 hour ago, DavidJow said:

Why they call him nickname "Big Joke" ? I didn't understand it

Not sure where any Thai get their nick name. My next door neighbour neighbour is Egg, I have a friend Tiger. Just a Thai thing I guess.

22 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

Right, saw that now. I checked under an old link for a person without pension. Not even that is right today. Sorry.

No problem..I lived there for a while..10mil. Peso house..belongs to my "wife"..

• Like 1

I have a friend from Pattaya who just sent me this message:

"The cops and immigration officials have blocked a part of the" second road "on both sides, a stretch of road, 
nobody comes in, and no one goes out, to control absolutely all the farangs and their visas, in day, even someone
 who wanted to break into a small self, may be an oversight of his passport, no luck, agents were waiting for them,
 some wanting to be very smart went into a restaurant or bar
 .... they you also controlled in the establishments .... we would have thought in an old film of the Gestapo! >>

It seems to me that "Big Joke" does a lot all the same and wants to turn Thailand into a police state!

Having worked voluntarily in the tourist police from 2011 to 2014 in Pattaya, I noticed everywhere that every
 new promoted in the provincial police command wants to attract the attention of all, that he is the man of change,
 but personally, I find that this new general of immigration goes a little beyond the limits.

Of course, the Thais are masters at home and decide knowingly, but I still noted as a certain perfume of 
undeniable amateurism in these new practices what was already the case all the same when I worked with them!

To control families with the kids, the buoy around the neck and around the arms, we understand willingly that
 they do not wander with their passports in the digs!

So we'll have to wait for a big glitch bombshell for this brave "big joke" to calm down a bit and stop chasing old
 retired "farangs" or families on vacation!

when we are unable to stop the deadly haemorrhage of local road behavior, 
there is certainly more urgency to overcome this delirium than to have fun
 playing the basic "nazillons" without even having the skills, that we say it!

I have reserved judgement on BJ as still not completely certain what his agenda is. Certainly it was nice to go through Immigration at Suvarnabhumi last week in under 10 minutes even though it looked busy. I am just wondering how he will deal with the chaos that will probably ensue next year  after the embassy letters stop. When every 3rd or 4th person trying to get an extension finds the goal posts have moved, and try to argue it out with the immigration officer. There is enough chaos already with dozens of bits of evidence required and an officer wants one more .....

And treble this if he cracks down on the agents!

Number of Westerners on extensions has already stagnated, due to the tightening of visas over the last 8 years. Now we could actually see a reduction, and more families broken up. More chinese, the real Thais will love that!

7 minutes ago, rickudon said:

I have reserved judgement on BJ as still not completely certain what his agenda is. Certainly it was nice to go through Immigration at Suvarnabhumi last week in under 10 minutes even though it looked busy. I am just wondering how he will deal with the chaos that will probably ensue next year  after the embassy letters stop. When every 3rd or 4th person trying to get an extension finds the goal posts have moved, and try to argue it out with the immigration officer. There is enough chaos already with dozens of bits of evidence required and an officer wants one more .....

And treble this if he cracks down on the agents!

Number of Westerners on extensions has already stagnated, due to the tightening of visas over the last 8 years. Now we could actually see a reduction, and more families broken up. More chinese, the real Thais will love that!

They don't like us anymore. 

Welcome to Thailand,  now leave your wallet, and go back home.

Edited by stanleycoin

On 11/6/2018 at 4:41 AM, HappyAndRich said:

How can you feel not wanted? How many countries in the world offer a person that´s only been 60-90 days in the country a possibility to get a retirement visa the same day in only a couple of hours? That with the same relaxed request of money in the bank or income as well as not many paper, in a fairly developed country?

You can just take the money in the bank that is only 800K baht here, in relation to other countries. 800K baht is about 25K dollar.

Phillipines: Between 50-75K dollar for retirement visa

Malaysia have a special program for 10 years. Financials 87-125K dollar and a monthly income of 2500 dollar. For regular retirement 37K dollar.

Vietnam do not have a retirement option, and can not be considered an option due to the lack of development.

Cambodia is totally out of the question. Lack of development and health care puts a stop to that directly.

I don’t need a retirement visa to live in the Philippines I just have to leave and renter every 3 years. Vietnam and Cambodia are options because a short trip to Thailand takes care of health care issues and in Vietnam I can get a 1 year multi entry visa on the internet without ever visiting an immigration office. Cambodia also has visas available over the internet.