Medical ganja will mean relief and savings, say Thai media

webfact

Medical ganja will mean relief and savings, say Thai media

9.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai authorities have confirmed that marijuana for medical use will be on the way in Thailand after final consultations this week and next. 

A ninety day waiting period will follow after which the drug will have been removed from the controlled narcotics list.

This will be good news for sufferers of such problems as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's Disease and cancer, reported Thai Rath.

The news media said that the measures come with the approval of the Thai prime minister Prayut Chan-ocha. 

Thais will be able to make their own medications rather than rely on imports that could see saving of between 30-40,000 baht per person per month in some cases. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-07

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Thais, not Thailand.

Will growing your own be permitted?

Wouldn't know until it's enacted and implemented, but I suspect that the Thai version of so called medical use will be strictly interpreted as medical associated only. 

You'll find that numerous medical marijuana policies, the world over, are akin to "social/recreational use" legalization laws, where most everyone and their Grandmothers have free access to the herb. Both types of laws are loosely/liberal interpreted as to almost one and the same. 

I don't expect the Thai dinosaur authorities to allow the free association and mix of medical/recreational use to be interpreted in the more progressive manner. Of course, one has to note the underlying and corrupt profit to be secured by the assorted Thai mafias/government.......to be expected.

I guess, we'll see. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The news media said that the measures come with the approval of the Thai prime minister Prayut Chan-ocha. 

When the idea was first mooted the moralistic PM was the first one to can the idea. Now he embraces the plan. Funny that...must be an election coming maybe.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

When the idea was first mooted the moralistic PM was the first one to can the idea. Now he embraces the plan. Funny that...must be an election coming maybe.

Or...they had yet to figure in a hidden profit line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Thais, not Thailand.

Will growing your own be permitted?

Best guess.. Probably not.. And it's also not likely that it will be legalized in any smokable form. Rather extracts and oils (CBD and other non-thc cannabinoids) or refined products in pillform etc.

But then again, nobody will know before its been passed and publicized.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Or...they had yet to figure in a hidden profit line.

Yes indeed. Some mates popped out of the woodwork and surprisingly asked......."what's in it for me"? 

Make me sole manufacturing agent........pleeeease! My lips are sealed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lowryderen said:

Best guess.. Probably not.. And it's also not likely that it will be legalized in any smokable form. Rather extracts and oils (CBD and other non-thc cannabinoids) or refined products in pillform etc.

Getting a precipitation will be no problems, homemade or government sold, no tests Will show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lowryderen said:

Once it's legalized for medical use, a small visit to the doctor, and piss tests will no longer be a problem.

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Once it's legalized for medical use, a small visit to the doctor, and piss tests will no longer be a problem.

Right.. But my point is that even when it is legalized for medical use, it does not automatically mean in smokable form or anything that will get you high. It does not automatically mean you can buy buds in a farmacy. The more likely thing to happen is that marijuana based products will be available with a prescription. Such as cbd oil for example...

I could be wrong, and hope I am. But let's see.

*Edit

A piss test would under those conditions still be a problem, as it is the thc content they look for in a piss test. You wony have any of that from for example cbd oil.

Edited by Lowryderen

9 minutes ago, Lowryderen said:

it does not automatically mean in smokable form or anything that will get you high. It does not automatically mean you can buy buds in a farmacy.

But it does mean what you grow in the privacy of your own home will no longer be detectable in your bloodstream.

Unless you believe piss tests, and the Thai medical manufacturers are better than I think they are.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But it does mean what you grow in the privacy of your own home will no longer be detectable in your bloodstream.

Unless you believe piss tests, and the Thai medical manufacturers are better than I think they are.

Why wouldn't it be detectable? If the commercial products that is made free for medical use dont have thc in them, you will still get caught on a piss test.. no difference there. You're assuming that the legalization is for marijuana in its plant form. My point is that that is unlikely the case. But agaim.. It's pure speculation either way at this point. We will have to wait and see. *IF* its actually going to be legalized i plantform, containing thc.. Then yes, you are right.. But thats a big if.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think it may be detectable in a Urine or Bloodtest - which means the BiB on the street could still charge you if they detect something unless you are carrying medical certification / Dr note outlining your medical requirement for the consumption of Marajuana in whichever form.

Thus, I think growing in your own home may be legal, but only at the homes of those cleared / licensed under a medical requirement. 

• Like 2

Hard to imagine the law will be structured in such a way to allow recreational use. It would deprive the RCD (revenue collection department) aka RTP, of too much revenue. It is a huge earner for them and dramatically increases the value of their franchises. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Thais will be able to make their own medications rather than rely on imports that could see saving of between 30-40,000 baht per person per month in some cases. 

So, are they planning on making it so expensive that the average person can't afford it?  If literally grows like a weed here.  It shouldn't be anymore expensive than buying lettuce.

This all sound well and nice, but the complete lack of information is concerning.  I.e., the cost and exactly which medical conditions will be allowed.  If the cost is prohibitive, they'll just drive it back into the black market again. 

16 hours ago, Cadbury said:

That and a truckload of money to be made when Thailand starts cultivating and exporting medical grade marijuana.  Let see who are awarded the licenses to cultivate and export the stuff?  Any guesses?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

A ninety day waiting period will follow after which the drug will have been removed from the controlled narcotics list.

BINGO!

it's gonna be frigging outta control!

Unless it's just CBD and not THC they'll remove. This being the hub of screw-ups they might actually just remove both. Hope lives.