DHL / Customs scam ?

tonboy

23 minutes ago, CGW said:

We have similar experiences! I get at least one parcel a week and have for many years via either USPS or Royal Mail, never once had a problem.

One thing I will guarantee is if you tell DHL to return to sender you will never see a refund!

Never had a problem getting a DHL refund or Amazon or E Bay, they all cough up eventually, in addition I always pay via Paypal and Visa, so I have two further options for a refund.

20 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

had some stuff sent to me from uk last year

through royal mail or parcel force as it is called now,

express package

took 1 month and 2 days to clear customs in bkk

silly uk uses a courier company rather than thai post  for express parcels

1  month and 2 days  aaaaaarrrrggghhhhh

Up to you to check delivery options, Royal Mail do not use overseas courier firms, rather the set route is Royal Mail - Thai Postal services, I get my packages very easily.

9 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

I argued with DHL and customs etc for a month and in the end I refused the item and so they just loaded it over the fence and left it at my house, end of issue.  (No payment made)

Haha, I had a similar issue with Fedex with tv boxes for which they wanted the NBTC license.

You can't get the license once the item is in Thailand, so they wanted big money to make the issue go away.

I literally told them to put the boxes where the sun doesn't shine.

About 3 weeks later i think the boxes were delivered at my home without any money paid

12 hours ago, Thian said:

I see a Crown almost every day in BKK...bet there's a rearseat for sale in BKK somewhere.

Toyota crown were used as taxis in Singapore and after the mandatory 10 years period had passed, they scraped it to Malaysia or Thailand at a cheap price. Now Singapore uses more Korean than Japanese diesel cars for taxis. 

3 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Up to you to check delivery options, Royal Mail do not use overseas courier firms, rather the set route is Royal Mail - Thai Postal services, I get my packages very easily.

yes, up to me

royal mail - parcel force uses Thai Post to handle their normal mail after it arrives in Thailand,

for express delivery they use an international courier company for the handling after arrival in Thailand

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Haha, I had a similar issue with Fedex with tv boxes for which they wanted the NBTC license.

You can't get the license once the item is in Thailand, so they wanted big money to make the issue go away.

I literally told them to put the boxes where the sun doesn't shine.

About 3 weeks later i think the boxes were delivered at my home without any money paid

Same for me, once they realise you will not pay up, they just want the issue to go away!

27 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes, up to me

royal mail - parcel force uses Thai Post to handle their normal mail after it arrives in Thailand,

for express delivery they use an international courier company for the handling after arrival in Thailand

Fine, good for you...I use express delivery via Royal Mail to Thailand and the Thai Postman turns up on his moped and I sign for it!!

So you are getting a special express delivery I guess!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Fine, good for you...I use express delivery via Royal Mail to Thailand and the Thai Postman turns up on his moped and I sign for it!!

So you are getting a special express delivery I guess!

absolutely not

point 1, there is no royal mail anymore, Royal Mail is history

point 2, there is, however, parcel force,

point 3, non express shipments by parcel force are dealt with by Thai Post

point 4, express shipments by parcel force are NOT dealt with by Thai Post

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

absolutely not

point 1, there is no royal mail anymore, Royal Mail is history

point 2, there is, however, parcel force,

point 3, non express shipments by parcel force are dealt with by Thai Post

point 4, express shipments by parcel force are NOT dealt with by Thai Post

Ha ha!! I give up on you..just don't give up arguing!

https://www.royalmail.com/

On 11/7/2018 at 5:58 PM, jackdd said:

According to this thread probably DHL did never declare the real freight cost and thus the customs are using their own calculation.

I think that is the case with this also. although they know the shipping cost. 
They are referring to the attached document. 
Yes , it is an official document, but according to the translation (by Google) it will only be used in case shipping costs are not clear or have to be urgent calculated for quotation. Furthermore it never mentions anything about weight-volume calculation.

Freight zone.pdf

23 hours ago, Thian said:

I see a Crown almost every day in BKK...bet there's a rearseat for sale in BKK somewhere.

You wiill loose this bet.

The Crown I recently purchased is very rare. It is a 1968 Toyota Crown Hardtop. 
Furthermore the rear seat I bought still has his original stitching patern, very rare again to find that.
50 years old so parts I find have a long history. And modifications made (like re-upholstery) are very common for these cars.
I am looking for originality. 

53451.jpg

54888.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, melvinmelvin said:

they didn't call

they had the number

they had my email

Nine times?...doubt it.

Why didn`t you call them when you realised items were regularly undelivered?  Did you not think to track them yourself after the first couple went astray?

Edited by Just Weird

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, thaiguzzi said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Small ???

Do you work for DHL?

As does the Thai PO.

But at least they don't make stuff up between Customs valuations and your front door.

Yes, small; I`m not talking about the mandated duty charged.  No, I don`t work for DHL, but I regularly receive items from overseas using their service.

"As does the Thai PO.

But at least they don't make stuff up between Customs valuations and your front door".

Neither does DHL, unless you've got something specific to back up your assertion.  Empirically specific, that is.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, melvinmelvin said:

you are quite impertinent and rude

shame on you

Really?  Justify your unlikely allegations, then, and I will apologise to you.

If you can't then stop insulting members' intelligence by keeping going on about something that is so unlikely it's ridiculous.

Edited by Just Weird

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, Kerryd said:

Actually - they do.

On the DHL shipment I mentioned above, I was going to be dinged 1,000 baht/day for storage in the Customs Bonded warehouse, for a box that had been there for a day. DHL covered the charge because they admitted they'd screwed up by delivering the first box of the shipment (even though it clearly said "1 of 2") so they did whatever they do and I didn't have to pay the charges. (Properly, it seems DHL should have held the first box until the 2nd one arrived and then processed them together. I wouldn't have been charged storage fees until after the 2nd box arrived.)

However, had both boxes arrived at the same time and I took my sweet time getting to Bangkok to try and get them released, I would have been dinged the 1,000 baht/day "storage" fee

Actually, they don't, Customs may charge but DHL does not.

43 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, small; I`m not talking about the mandated duty charged.  No, I don`t work for DHL, but I regularly receive items from overseas using their service.

"As does the Thai PO.

But at least they don't make stuff up between Customs valuations and your front door".

Neither does DHL, unless you've got something specific to back up your assertion.  Empirically specific, that is.

Give it a rest will ya.

So you have had consistently great results using DHL for small, low value  packages to Thailand.

Bravo! Kudos!

Whilst the vast majority on this thread have not, and in most cases have actually been ripped off.

I'd go further and actually call it blatant fraud or theft.

So, can you confirm you have received large items in the past with a value in excess of 300$, say a minimum size of a motorcycle fuel tank, boxed correctly?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Give it a rest will ya.

So you have had consistently great results using DHL for small, low value  packages to Thailand.

Bravo! Kudos!

Whilst the vast majority on this thread have not, and in most cases have actually been ripped off.

I'd go further and actually call it blatant fraud or theft.

So, can you confirm you have received large items in the past with a value in excess of 300$, say a minimum size of a motorcycle fuel tank, boxed correctly?

No, I won't "give it a rest", why should I?   It's funny how so many posters here who disagree with my opinion or actual experience and have nothing credible to say so frequently resort to the "give it a rest, will ya" [sic] kind of meaningless response!  Am I not allowed, in your mind, to relate my experience of courier companies, specifically, DHL?

This thread is about Customs charges paid to DHL, not about the size of delivered items.  I never made any claim about the delivery depending on the size and I wouldn't do that because to see a correlation between the size of the package and it's success in delivery is bizarre, to say the least.  Anyone who uses DHL and experiences lost items has recourse, that's the reason that so many shippers use courier companies, shipments are trackable during the entire delivery process!  

"I'd go further and actually call it blatant fraud or theft".

Blatant fraud and theft?  I'm betting that you can't back that one up personally!

Edited by Just Weird

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, I won't "give it a rest", why should I?   Am I not allowed to express my experience of courier companies, specifically, DHL?

This thread is about Customs charges paid to DHL, not about the size of delivered items.  I never made any claim about the delivery depending on the size and I wouldn't because to see a correlation between the size of the package and it's success in delivery is bizarre, to say the least.

"I'd go further and actually call it blatant fraud or theft".

Blatant fraud and theft?  Pity you can't back that one up personally!

So 6 pages (and counting) of bad DHL reports, you being the exception, everyone else is a liar then.....

Also, you state you have'nt received a large item (like a motorcycle fuel tank) worth 300$. Plus shipping.

I have, and i refused to pay the 300$ in DHL surcharges inc the tax. I know someone who ordered another higher value, large item who they wanted 200% on top from.

Thieves.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

So 6 pages (and counting) of bad DHL reports, you being the exception, everyone else is a liar then.....

Also, you state you have'nt received a large item (like a motorcycle fuel tank) worth 300$. Plus shipping.

I have, and i refused to pay the 300$ in DHL surcharges inc the tax. I know someone who ordered another higher value, large item who they wanted 200% on top from.

Thieves.

Have I called anyone a liar?  Don't think I have even though I've doubted the accuracy, or even the existence, of some alleged experiences.

"...i refused to pay the 300$ in DHL surcharges inc the tax".

Really?  So, it's good to know that a receiver can simply refuse to pay import duty and still receive the shipment!  Next time I get charged duty I'll tell the courier that it's ok, just leave the item with me, I don't have to pay that, it's optional, Thaiguzzi said so.

What's your obsession with receiving motorcycle tanks, what's the relevance of that?  Does that make the shipment a HVP?  I have received items valued over $300.  But not motorcycle tanks!

How was "your friend's 200%" accounted for by DHL, as it always does on it's paperwork?  Slinging allegations around with no back up lacks a little credibility, to say the least, but I'm sure that you're going to put me right (or, perhaps, tell me to give it another rest).

40 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

...i refused to pay the 300$ in DHL surcharges inc the tax".

Really?  So, it's good to know that a receiver can simply refuse to pay import duty and still receive the shipment!  Next time I get charged duty I'll tell the courier that it's ok, just leave the item with me, I don't have to pay that, it's optional, Thaiguzzi said so.

Sent back.

Return shipping costs at my expense.

Item was fine. 300$ surcharge inc import tax & vat AFTER shipping charges on a 300$ item was not.

I thought import tax and vat was 37%.

Not 100%.

Or 200%.

Perhaps shipping via DHL is worth it for those extra "handling charges"....

44 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

but I'm sure that you're going to put me right (or, perhaps, tell me to give it another rest). 

No.

I'm outta here on this one.

Ain't banging my head against no brick wall no more.

Carry on lovin' DHL........