Who has GOOD internet for IPTV Streaming in BKK

realenglish1

I currently us 3bb for streaming IPTV from the UK but it is not great I get a lot of buffering 

I would like to get some feedback on anyone streaming IPTV and what internet service provider without

buffering problems. Tell me the package you are using and the provider. Any help is greatly appreciated

Me, northern BKK, TOT Fibre, 200/80 package.

Are you using a VPN? That could be your bottleneck.

I'm streaming BBC iPlayer via Ivacy VPN, (almost) no buffering issues.

EDIT TestMY.net is giving my 8Mbps to the London server via the VPN, more than enough for the BBC.

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Perhaps it the IPTV provider. I get no buffering on live streams or catchup using cheapest 30mbps Docsis or unlimited 10mbps 4G networks. No need to go for higher speed internet I find.

Which  Internet provider are you using

19 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Perhaps it the IPTV provider. I get no buffering on live streams or catchup using cheapest 30mbps Docsis or unlimited 10mbps 4G networks. No need to go for higher speed internet I find.

Could be the IPTV provider or perhaps the IPTV Box you are using.

16 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

not correct.

the man uses 3BB and they are notorious for throttling bandwidth of signal from international servers

3BB doesn't throttle. TOT and CAT are the ones that throttle.

OP also doesn't say what kind of package he is on, can as well be the 18/1.8 ADSL package.

Many factors that can cause buffering, including bad wiring - using WIFI instead of wired connection - not rebooting your router frequently and many more, and last but not least using a poor IPTV service

Edited by janclaes47
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

not correct.

the man uses 3BB and they are notorious for throttling bandwidth of signal from international servers

Not true.. The Gov limits the international bandwidth. I have 3BB and 3 different TV boxes. I get buffering on 2 daily but rarely get buffering on my Nvidia Shield.

The box plays a big part.

I have 3BB 100/30 Fiber and stream Netflix US, VUDU, US, UK and AUS TV,  using my laptop to view on my TV.  Even with the previous 30/10 VDSL, I have never had issues with buffering using a Proxy.  As for the poster claiming 3BB throttles bandwidth, I believe that is false. Besides daily video streaming, I also game online 6 or more hours most nights connecting to Servers in the US and EU through Sony's PS Network. There are never any lag or connection issues.

• Like 1

Guys,

I bought this at $15 a month and it's their gold package but I still get buffering and freezing. Can anybody advise what is wrong? Advice from IPTV company is to  clear cache but that doesn't help. Netflix and Iflix play as normal, so no issue there.

https://www.iptvsubscription.net/

I operate through an Android box which is new. I use the 3B fibre optic and my speeds are:-

Screenshot_2018-11-09 3BB Speedtest.png

Edited by Scouse123

35 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

I bought this at $15 a month and it's their gold package but I still get buffering and freezing. Can anybody advise what is wrong? Advice from IPTV company is to  clear cache but that doesn't help. Netflix and Iflix play as normal, so no issue there.

I operate through an Android box which is new. I use the 3B fibre optic and my speeds are:-

This IPTV website cannot fix the video streaming issues you are having. They are just a go-between "subscription selling service". They have a no refund policy and do not offer any service guaratee. Anyone who reads the 13 items listed regarding their Shop Policy and still subscribes is foolish. One of the first things I do on a new website before buying or downloading anything is to scroll to the bottom the page and read their policy and company info.  They advertise having over 10,000 customer accounts but how many are actually happy customers? 

That being said I can stream all the video content I desire, directly from the providers websites for free. This includes VUDU, US, UK and AUS TV.  I don't need a subsription service, Android Box or TV Stick, just 3BB, my laptop and a Proxy that costs less than 35 baht a month.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

Your local speed seems ok. You may want to check your international speed. Are you using a VPN? Which Android Box are you using and what is the  specs?

Edited by Jeffrey346
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Your local speed seems ok. You may want to check your international speed. Are you using a VPN? Which Android Box are you using and what is the  specs?

Hi Jeffrey246,

I haven't been using a VPN  but I could if it would help? I don't know how to check international speed.

My Andriod box is M9C Pro 4K, that is what it says on the box exterior.

8 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi Jeffrey246,

I haven't been using a VPN  but I could if it would help? I don't know how to check international speed.

Just change the server location in Speedtest.net since that is the speed tester you are using.  It always defaults to your local location....but you can pick/change to any speedtest.net server in the world.

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi Jeffrey246,

Going from your local speed I assume your international speed will be fine.

Your box is fine, for IPTV you don't need a high spec box. MAG boxes are only 528Mb or 1 Gb RAM and they are the number one for IPTV.

Don't let anyone fool you into the idea that a Shield will give you better streams.

Most important for live tv is that you are connected by LAN to the router, because WIFI regardless of how good your signal is will always give you a lower speed and will be unstable.

To many factors in a household that interfere with a wireless signal, including your tv.

With live tv you can't build a buffer as with movies, so if your wifi signal is too slow for a second you will experience buffer.

Another thing to avoid is using a wireless pc mouse in an Android box, because many of them will interfere with video or audio drivers.

I install these kind of boxes, and been there got the t-shirt a lot of times.

Important is also to reboot your router frequently, at least once a week, and more often if you also use WIFI on the router.

If all that is fine, you should also know, not every IPTV service is equal.

I don't know which one you are using, since the link are resellers for many different services, but there are many mediocre services around.

Edit : I just notice that your box is only 1GB RAM which is on the low side for an Android box, depending on which app you use to stream the IPTV. Some apps use a lot of memory. You can install an app that shows how much memory a certain app uses

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xsoftstudio.cpu.widget

Edited by janclaes47
  • Thanks 1

janclaes47,

I would just like to say thank you very much indeed for explaining clearly to me where I have been getting it wrong and what I need to do to put it right. So I need to get a LAN cable running from my router to my Android box, is that correct?

This is the IPTV provider I have been using.

Thanks once again.

Edited by Scouse123

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

janclaes47,

I would just like to say thank you very much indeed for explaining clearly to me where I have been getting it wrong and what I need to do to put it right. So I need to get a LAN cable running from my router to my Android box, is that correct?

Thanks once again.

1Gb of RAM is an issue. Using a LAN cable should improve your streaming experience. 

In the future, if you want the best possible streaming experience, I suggest the Nvidia Shield [3Gb RAM] Skystream 2 [3Gb RAM] or the just released Skystream 3 [4Gb RAM].

These are all high end boxes and IMO the Skystream 3 is the best choice at $99.

This link should answer most of your questions.

https://androidpcreview.com/best-android-tv-box/

Edited by Jeffrey346
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

janclaes47,

Thanks once again.

Yes a LAN cable will improve the internet connection. If LAN is an issue due to distance, powerline adapters may be a solution.

The link you provide is a reseller that offers at least 11 different services, and the only one in there that is know to be more or less reliable is Nitro, though they have also major issues lately.

Your 1Gb RAM "may" be an issue, depending on which app you use to stream, but IPTV doesn't need large memory and a high spec box is definitely not needed.

For Kodi 1Gb RAM is not enough, for most IPTV apps it is sufficient.

As said a Shield is a waste of money, unless you like gaming as well.

I suggest you install the app from Playstore I linked, it cost a whole 10 Baht' and it enables you to monitor your RAM usage during watching the IPTV.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

That being said I can stream all the video content I desire, directly from the providers websites for free. This includes VUDU, US, UK and AUS TV.  I don't need a subsription service, Android Box or TV Stick, just 3BB, my laptop and a Proxy that costs less than 35 baht a month.

That's just the free to air stuff from those countries isn't it? No prime time sports channels like Sky, BT, EPL etc.

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

That's just the free to air stuff from those countries isn't it? No prime time sports channels like Sky, BT, EPL etc.

Sky Go, BT Sports, BBC Sports, Euro Sports Player and others can also be accessed if they are free to view or you are a paid subscriber, but none of them are on my desire to view list.  

6 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

1Gb of RAM is an issue. Using a LAN cable should improve your streaming experience. 

In the future, if you want the best possible streaming experience, I suggest the Nvidia Shield [3Gb RAM] Skystream 2 [3Gb RAM] or the just released Skystream 3 [4Gb RAM].

These are all high end boxes and IMO the Skystream 3 is the best choice at $99.

This link should answer most of your questions.

https://androidpcreview.com/best-android-tv-box/

Much appreciated and thanks for taking time out to help me.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:11 PM, Scouse123 said:

Just wanted to follow up on this speed test.

3BB doesn't have 70Mb packages, so I assume your package is 100/30, and as so your test results should be at least that.

Unless this speed test was done over the WIFI, which will explain the lower result, any speed test to local server over LAN significantly lower than 100 Mbps will indicate a problem with the internet feed or router.

16ms is also a very high ping for 3BB fibre, which again can be explained if over WIFI, but on LAN your ping should be less than 5ms if within 200 km from Bangkok.

8 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Just wanted to follow up on this speed test.

3BB doesn't have 70Mb packages, so I assume your package is 100/30, and as so your test results should be at least that.

Unless this speed test was done over the WIFI, which will explain the lower result, any speed test to local server over LAN significantly lower than 100 Mbps will indicate a problem with the internet feed or router.

16ms is also a very high ping for 3BB fibre, which again can be explained if over WIFI, but on LAN your ping should be less than 5ms if within 200 km from Bangkok.

My 3BB 100/30 fiber Speedtest results today from my rural location about 12 miles NE of Surin to 3BB in Bangkok are 127.04 down and 40.9 up with a 9 ms ping over my wireless connection.  Previous test results have always been at least a 20% higher rate than 3BB advertises. 

22 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

My 3BB 100/30 fiber Speedtest results today from my rural location about 12 miles NE of Surin to 3BB in Bangkok are 127.04 down and 40.9 up with a 9 ms ping over my wireless connection.  Previous test results have always been at least a 20% higher rate than 3BB advertises. 

Do you want to claim that wireless is actually better than wired, or that I'm lying when I say that a lower test result may be caused by connecting wireless?

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/wi-fi-vs-ethernet-how-much-faster-wired-connection-paul-zdzitowiecki

Wi-Fi vs Ethernet: Interference and reliability

An Ethernet connection experiences less interference and is more reliable than Wi-Fi. Things like your home’s layout, your modem, your neighbours’ networks, and the number of connected devices will interfere with wireless connections. This can result in a number of issues, including:

• Sometimes your devices will lose signal completely.
  • Higher latency. Interference can increase latency.
  • Slow speeds. Interference can also slow down speeds drastically.

Wi-Fi vs Ethernet: Speed

One advantage of an Ethernet connection, however, is consistency. Ethernet connections tend to deliver a constant speed, whereas Wi-Fi speeds jump around throughout the day.

https://www.versatek.com/blog/2018-update-ethernet-cabling-still-better-wifi/

2. Signal Quality

It’s no mystery that interference can make it hard to get and stay on a wireless network. As more devices come online due to the exploding Internet of Things (IoT), this may even become more of a challenge in the near future.

Not so with Ethernet. Cable connections tend to be more robust. If you have the right cabling solution—Cat06 or higher—then you have all the insulation you’ll need to prevent crosstalk from interfering with your signal.

Edited by janclaes47