French bank robber and drug kingpin back in custody after Big Joke gets on the case

webfact

French bank robber and drug kingpin back in custody after Big Joke gets on the case

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A wanted French criminal has been arrested in Bo Phut, Koh Samui after reentering Thailand despite being black listed. 

Immigration chief Surachate Hakpan responding to representations from the French authorities ordered his men on the holiday island to raid a property in Bo Phut where Andre Espiasse Cabau was staying. 

Cabau originally entered Thailand back in 2013 on a fake passport. He was arrested and blacklisted in 2015 after the French wanted him for bank robbery and high level involvement in the drug trade. 

He was deported but found his way back to Thailand last September. He had changed his name and passport and sneaked in through Sadao on the Malaysian border, reported Thai Rath.

Surachate was able to ascertain that the man living in Bo Phut was in fact Cabau before ordering his capture on Tuesday. 

He will now be deported again. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-09

2 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

Did he "sneak in" or did one of BJ's border control officers have his hand out for a donation?  The corruption continues without investigation.

When you change name and passport there is no need for donations to immigration officers.

Good try to discredit BJ, but another fail. Better luck with your next attempt

12 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

When you change name and passport there is no need for donations to immigration officers.

I see a valid question here, not an attempt to discredit BJ (who deserves much credit).

5 hours ago, neeray said:

Big Joke sounds like the best thing since the discovery of rice. Too bad Thailand doesn't have a thousand more like him instead of traffic cops on the take.

Salute to Big Joke.

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

He had a passport with a different name, what part don't you understand?

I will second that néeray.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He was arrested and blacklisted in 2015 after the French wanted him for bank robbery and high level involvement in the drug trade. 

He was deported but found his way back to Thailand last September.

So for bank robbery and high level involvement in the drug trade, he was detained in France for less than a couple years, between his deportation and illegal return to Thailand lately?

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

He had a passport with a different name, what part don't you understand?

Are you sure the immigration officer didn't catch that?  Maybe his photo didn't match.  What don't you understand about the corruption of border immigration agents who let in thousands of trafficked Uighurs without passports at the Cambodian border for payment of THB 10,000?

7 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

How do you know the immigration officer didn't catch that?  There are lots of issues with fake passports that get caught, and then overlooked, when money is exchanged.

1 hour ago, zaphod reborn said:

How do you know the immigration officer didn't catch that?  There are lots of issues with fake passports that get caught, and then overlooked, when money is exchanged.

Because there is no fake passport in this case.

The French guy got an official name change and new passport accordingly.

By the way, at the time he entered Thailand BJ wasn't head of immigration yet.

42 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

By the way, at the time he entered Thailand BJ wasn't head of immigration yet.

Really? Is it that simple? So even Osama bin Laden can change his name and enter Thailand as being another person?

10 hours ago, neeray said:

Big Joke sounds like the best thing since the discovery of rice. Too bad Thailand doesn't have a thousand more like him instead of traffic cops on the take.

Salute to Big Joke.

Big Joke acts on information passed on to him from many sources domestic & international, his personal investigative skills are very small,  he's not the hero you think he is !!

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Big Joke acts on information passed on to him from many sources domestic & international, his personal investigative skills are very small,  he's not the hero you think he is !!

I disagree. At least he ACTS !

Better than doing nothing with the information.

45 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Really, are you that simple?

Several nationalities can change their names officially.

https://www.quora.com/Can-you-change-your-name-in-France-as-a-French-citizen

Yes i'm a simple ollander..

I never knew this, i thought one can only change a few letters of a last name for very good reasons...but i never realized that the criminal record also would start blanco again for that person...i had never heard of this trick before and i think it's ridculous that the french justice system does this for known criminals like him.

7 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Another news source claims it was a fake passport.

New name will be linked with old one in the computer chip, surprised that people still think changing your name will give you a new identity, that was gone after 9/11.

This case seems to be a stolen passport with new photo, Google his name and select images.

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

How would they know, stick to the facts, Thai basher.

Thai basher?  I guess you forgot that thousands of Uyghurs were trafficked through the Cambodian border by paying immigration officials 10,000 baht each.  Captain Thailand turns a blind eye to rampant corruption in RTP.

https://www.business-anti-corruption.com/country-profiles/thailand/

Corruption is pervasive in Thailand’s police force and presents businesses with high risks. Almost four out of five Thai believe most or all of the police to be corrupt. The security apparatus has a reputation of being the most corrupt institution in the country, partly due to its entanglement in politics and an entrenched patronage system. Police impunity is also reported to be a problem.

17 hours ago, Faikham said:

I thought that if you got deported you were sent back to your country?

So, if the French requested him and he was subsequently deported, how did he get back? Or even out of France?

Hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants show that getting in and out of France is a 'walk in the park'.

France, being the 'soft' country that it is, probably released this guy on bail. Who knows or cares?

On 11/9/2018 at 8:19 PM, hotchilli said:

Guy has no time to do investihative work. He depends upon others to provide concrete evidence before acting on them. 

At least he is not just all words and no action like so many of his peers. I would say he is a credit to the Thai police force.

Archived