Electric bills set to increase from January 

webfact

On 11/10/2018 at 7:40 PM, tropo said:

Perth is subtropical, way down on the 32nd parallel. To make a fair comparison, you'd have to live in Darwin. I never needed aircon in SE Queensland, (a bit more tropical than Perth), so no comparison would be meaningful. 

Having lived in both Perth and Brisbane ( have you?) I can tell you I KNOW what I’m talking about based in PERSONAL experience but, you are entitled to your opinion, even if you are wrong ! 

43 minutes ago, Torrens54 said:

Having lived in both Perth and Brisbane ( have you?) I can tell you I KNOW what I’m talking about based in PERSONAL experience but, you are entitled to your opinion, even if you are wrong ! 

I know the temperatures in both cities, and to compare them with a tropical climate like Thailand that doesn't have seasons is absurd. There's no comparison. Yes, I have lived in both cities. You have long periods throughout the year (it's called winter, spring and autumn) where you wouldn't need air conditioning at all. I didn't even use it in summer. The point was, comparing monthly bills from Perth to Thailand is meaningless. Obviously, Darwin is a closer match at about the same latitude.