Chang Classic vs Chang Classic

sandyf

The left one is likely some stolen good/smuggled good from a closed warehouse or something, not legally taxed etc.

See the "IMPORTED" imprint and brewed by "Cosmos"???

It has no Thai script printed.

Absolutely illegal for sale in Thailand.

Meant for export to another country?

They have absolutely no concept of ANYTHING being a classic, they ruined this beer a couple of years back when they diluted it to the strength of a soda drink. Ruined!

Definition of Classic - 

judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

10 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

They have absolutely no concept of ANYTHING being a classic, they ruined this beer a couple of years back when they diluted it to the strength of a soda drink. Ruined!

Definition of Classic - 

judged over a period of time to be of the highest quality and outstanding of its kind.

Try Tappers beer 6.5%. ????

19 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Definition of Classic - .

5.5 % / 5 % is still considered to be a strong beer 

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

5.5 % / 5 % is still considered to be a strong beer 

The taste changed. It was a much better taste when it was 6.4%. Then it went down to 5.5% which wasn't so good. then 5% which was worst still.

Chang was supposedly banned in Canada because they couldn't get the alcohol content right,seems a 6% may contain up to 11% alcohol, people were getting busted for DUI after one bottle.Not sure if it's true but I can't drink the stuff after 6 bottles I am ill for a few days, age takes it's toll.

7 minutes ago, adammike said:

Chang was supposedly banned in Canada because they couldn't get the alcohol content right,seems a 6% may contain up to 11% alcohol, people were getting busted for DUI after one bottle.Not sure if it's true but I can't drink the stuff after 6 bottles I am ill for a few days, age takes it's toll.

That is why they introduced Chang Export , to ensure that the alcohol content was correct

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

NO.

And now the world waits for the topic starter to solve the puzzle.

Check changbeer.com

Incidentally, in the OP's pic, the first one has 'imported' stamped on it although it was canned in Thailand.  I would guess that was bought outside of Thailand.

Chang reduced from 6.4 to 5.5 then to 5.0 which it is now.  They also reduced the content by 10 mls and changed the bottle from brown to green.

32 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And now the world waits for the topic starter to solve the puzzle.

Oh the suspension, not sure I can hold it any longer.

It's still clear from post in this thread that TV members consider price and alcohol content is what defines quality

2 hours ago, Testacall said:

Anyone know what has happened to Red horse beer ? Used to be available in family Mart and big C ....has it gone the way of cailsburg ? 

So where has Carlsberg supposed to have gone.  Plenty of it here!

13 hours ago, HHTel said:

Check changbeer.com

Incidentally, in the OP's pic, the first one has 'imported' stamped on it although it was canned in Thailand.  I would guess that was bought outside of Thailand.

Chang reduced from 6.4 to 5.5 then to 5.0 which it is now.  They also reduced the content by 10 mls and changed the bottle from brown to green.

Spot on, I was in Langkawi a few days ago, just goes to show things are not as they seem, even though the barcodes are the same.

Right on the history, I have been drinking Chang since I first came here in 1999, in those days it was relatively rare, didn't become popular until "Castleburg" lost their licence. Five Star bar on Pattaya beach road was one of the few places that had it but because it was hardly drunk very often came out frozen, not a bad thing at times. Take the water out of a 6.4% beer and you get something with a bit of flavour.

17 hours ago, adammike said:

You might be ill after drinking six bottles of ANYTHING. I'm not really sure why anyone would feel the need to do that, but each to their own.

Archived