Chang Classic vs Chang Classic

sandyf

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You might be ill after drinking six bottles of ANYTHING. I'm not really sure why anyone would feel the need to do that, but each to their own.

A trip to the gogos around walking street it's easily done,especially when you have no intention of barfining.even at my age 67 six beers spread out over an evening should not have such an affect,it may be that I rarely drink but it's Chang specific.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:05 AM, adammike said:

Chang was supposedly banned in Canada because they couldn't get the alcohol content right,seems a 6% may contain up to 11% alcohol, people were getting busted for DUI after one bottle.Not sure if it's true but I can't drink the stuff after 6 bottles I am ill for a few days, age takes it's toll.

This is true. I was in Nakhon Sawan, which is near the brewery, and I met a couple of Austrians who said they were working at the brewery because there were production problems. I asked what this meant and they said random audits of the beer showed alcohol as low as 3% and as high as 14%. This explained an incident the previous month when my wife had to carry me home from a restaurant as I was completely drunk after drinking just 2 bottles of Chang Classic. The original Chang at 6+% was ideal for drinking over ice but the 5% beers just get diluted too much for my taste.

7 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

This is true. I was in Nakhon Sawan, which is near the brewery, and I met a couple of Austrians who said they were working at the brewery because there were production problems. I asked what this meant and they said random audits of the beer showed alcohol as low as 3% and as high as 14%. This explained an incident the previous month when my wife had to carry me home from a restaurant as I was completely drunk after drinking just 2 bottles of Chang Classic. The original Chang at 6+% was ideal for drinking over ice but the 5% beers just get diluted too much for my taste.

The taste also varies, which is about as bad as it can get when you produce a beer. Several times I've had both draft and bottled which is nowhere near the right taste, and other people I know have said the same. If you are buying a beer you do so because of the taste. When the taste isn't guaranteed, why bother. Drink something else. I've never heard anywhere else of beer being brewed inconsistently. Bad taste from bad storage (cask ales), but not straight from the factory.

On 11/10/2018 at 4:26 PM, Testacall said:

Ok let's not zzzzzzz 

Anyone have any idea what happened to Red horse beer in Thailand ? 

Available online from Big C, not available with Tesco Lotus currently. I don't think it's discontinued. It's quite a popular brand from San Miguel and in my opinion it's the best tasting mainstream locally brewed beer.

Archived