Monthly transfer to Thai bank for extension of stay

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Here is the line that says it all. It has to be deposited in a Thai bank. 65,000 baht a monthly income (deposited in a Thai bank) or 800,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank

Why do you continue to post that when you know it's false?

Monthly income without an Embassy Letter is NOT a option.

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

I think they will accept without embassy letter. Nobody has ever tried it so nobody knows.

Several reports on this forum of people asking their Immigration Office about that.

All have been said it's not acceptable without Embassy Letter.

Edited by Pattaya46

30 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Several reports on this forum of people asking their Immigration Office about that.

All have been said it's not acceptable without Embassy Letter.

That is because the Immigration Bureau has not said anything yet. No announcement of any kind.

They only state the way it is now.

44 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Is it not easier going to Imm Office every 90 days than leaving the country?

Yes IMO.

They can be done online or by mail or you can have somebody do them for you if you don't want to spend a little time doing them in person.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is because the Immigration Bureau has not said anything yet. No announcement of any kind.

They only state the way it is now.

You are right, but isn't stating what the rules are TODAY what should be done when we have no other information ?

All these posts with "TI may accept...", "TI certainly will accept...", "TI will announce new rules soon" are worthless, just rumours bringing confusion and probably false hope to many concerned people... IMHO

PS: Biggest culprit is British Embassy, with its undocumented statement that monthly income will be accepted without letter. Wonder if they just read requirements from immigration.go.th without knowing there were extra regulations for proofs...

Edited by Pattaya46

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes IMO.

They can be done online or by mail or you can have somebody do them for you if you don't want to spend a little time doing them in person.

I will do that in the future most probably. It is not that intentionally I went out of the country to avoid 90-day reporting. I wanted to  travel and I was renting from month-to-month in Bangkok. Though my GF has a house in Banglamung, I did not want to drag her into reporting TM30 and other TI nonsense. Now that I have rented a condo in Jomiten and my TM30 is filed by the agent, I can do my 90-day. I will do the first reporting in person and subsequent reporting online. When I was living in Bangkok circa 2011-2013, I hated going to CW for extension, etc. It was a full day affair. 

8 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

You are right, but isn't stating what the rules are TODAY what should be done when we have no other information ?

All these posts with "TI may accept...", "TI certainly will accept...", "TI will announce new rules soon" are worthless, just rumours bringing confusion and probably false hope to many concerned people... IMHO

PS: Biggest culprit is British Embassy, with its undocumented statement that monthly income will be accepted without letter. Wonder if they just read requirements from immigration.go.th without knowing there were extra regulations for proofs...

I fully agree with your first paragraph.

I don't agree though with you second comment. I am no fan of the British Embassy but I can't criticise their decision based on the Thai Immigration demands. Having  made that decision I believe that they were genuinely trying to provide a steer for a likely alternative to the embassy letter. Frankly, (although I may be crediting them with too much intelligence) I don't think they would quote a reference to evidencing income through a Thai bank account if they were not aware that Thai Immigration would accept that methodology.

We will find out in January when the first person applyies (for a first time extension) without an embassy letter.

• Like 1