Euro 2004

Who will win the European championship  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This was the cruellest finish of all and Manchester United fans now know how Bayern Munich felt in Barcelona back in 1999.

Above quote from The SUN, this morning.

Well, sorry, but I must say, it was worthwhile for me to stay up to the end. Although, until the first goal, I could not find David B., on the penalty he was of course overexposed. Sorry for him.

England can do better against Switzerland. But respect, although the game was as viscous as cheese fondue some respect, 10 Swiss manage to keep a 0:0.

Sweden's looking awfully good in their first appearance... beat Bulgaria 5-0!!

Henrik Larsson, back on the team after some self-chosen absence, scored one awsome and another quite beautiful goal...

Can they take the Italians out on Friday? (no, not on a date, silly!) :o Go Sweden!

/// DFW

And yes, Rooney is not world class. A bit over rated. He can not be compared to the likes of Makaay, Van Nistelrooy, Hasselbank, Kluivert or Van Hooidonk

Hmmmm , <deleted> again!

For a kid born in 1985 (!) he's doing pretty OK, I'd say.

Voted Carlsberg Man of the Match today after scoring twice against the yodlers.

/// DFW

England hmmm, I dont think so. You guys have lousy strikers. Owen has been in poor form and the likes of Heskey and Rooney are not top class strikers.

Jimbo knows fucq all about football , Rooney knows a lot....... :o

Euro 2004 will start soon. I have got all my orange gear ready. I think the Dutchmen have a good change with strikers like Van Nistelrooy, Makaay, Kluivert and Van Hooydonk.

And a midfield with young talanted players like Sneider and Van de Vaart.

And not to forget, one of the biggest defensive talents in Europe right now: Heitinga

Yep they will be going out tonight , great strikers/defense? Not.....

The soapies are excelling in the soccer hooligan department so far :o

Q. What's the difference between a dead dog on the road and a dead English football fan on the road?

A. There are skid marks in front of the dog.

Q. What do English football fans and sperm have in common?

A. One in 3,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

Q. If you see an English football fan on a bicycle, why should you never swerve to hit him?

A. It's probably your bicycle.

Did you hear about the UK politician who was found dead in an English football jersey? The police had to dress him up in women's underwear in order to save his family from the embarrassment.

Q. What do you have when 100 English football fans are buried up to their necks in sand?

A. Not enough sand.

Dave- proudly wore my England Shirt Monday! :o I was absolutely gutted by that loss. Luckily time to redeem ourselves...though still shaking my head. Guess it shows that France is beatable and lucky bastards!!

Q: Why do English make better lovers than French?

A: Because English are the only one's who can stay on top for 90 Minutes and still come second!

Q: What's the difference between the England team and a tea-bag?

A: The tea-bag stays in the cup longer.

Q: What is common between between a 3 pin plug and the England football team?

A: They are both useless in Europe!

Q: What's the difference between O J Simpson and England?

A: OJ Simpson had a more credible defence

Q: Why do English make better lovers than French?

A: Because English are the only one's who can stay on top for 90 Minutes and still come second!

No idea about the French. But I believe this's too true. :o

Sven!  Dunno Dutch always tend to blow it - 

I think we should have a serious chat kiddo, your comments are unacceptable. The Dutch nver blow anything... :o

Dutchy

Well,the Dutch blew it in the World Cup final of 1974 against the Germs,and then again in 78 against the Argentines! :D

This time around they're probably gonna get blown away by the Swedes up at the quarter final stage where it's getting a bit too blustery for the "Low-landers"! :D

I think Sweden will kick Holland's ass with 3-1!

Gone with the wind and blown back down to the Netherlands !Bye bye Holland! :D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Sweden,England and Denmark in that order!

I reckon the Euro 2004 champs will be the amazing team from the Czech Republic! :D

Cheers.

Snowleopard.

Beckham-- what a <deleted>! Always chokes when the pressure is on. Knew we would be gutted if we went to penalty kicks.

Dave- Agree France is gone. I'm supporting Czech- think they have it to go all the way. (picking them on the other side of the draw at any rate)

Oh well we are out again, at least france are out also, i will be backing greece or the czechs now.

ahh, come on Dave, you know a friendly Swede or two don't you? :D

We're playing the orange guys today and anything could happen. The way I see it it'll come down to defensive errors. Both teams have excellent strikers but spotty defense. Go Zlatan! Or King Henrik for that matter...

I'm actually going to an English pub ( The Londoner) to watch the game.

Would appreciate some Brit support... after all, we let you guys use our best coach... :o

/// DFW

!'m a Scandinavian, so I hope for either Denmark or Sweden ... but I don't really think so. It's really hard to guess this time who may be the final winner, several surprise results so far.

Tonight I will have yellow fever ....

... and "dfw" - don't wake up with a head ache, okay ....

... and "dfw" - don't wake up with a head ache, okay ....

I'm afraid it's unavoidable (regardless of the game outcome). After the game we've got 30 Swedes getting together for the Mid-Summer Party.

I've got a liter of Skåne... :o

Will probably have my leather allergy acting up tomorrow morning.

30 minutes to kick-off !!

/// DFW

Oh well we are out again, at least france are out also, i will be backing greece or the czechs now.

ahh, come on Dave, you know a friendly Swede or two don't you? :D

We're playing the orange guys today and anything could happen. The way I see it it'll come down to defensive errors. Both teams have excellent strikers but spotty defense. Go Zlatan! Or King Henrik for that matter...

I'm actually going to an English pub ( The Londoner) to watch the game.

Would appreciate some Brit support... after all, we let you guys use our best coach... :o

/// DFW

agreed, fair enough :D

From the voting stats it would appear that...

1) not many know too much about football (40% voting for England :o )

2) they (who voted for England) were just being optimistic :D

3) or that the number of people posting/voting on the forum are made up of at least 40% brits and the rest being in the minority.

Whilst talking about games (ball games) did anyone see what happened to that other England sports team that have just been drawn and quartered down in the Antipodes.

I don't think there will be any ticker tape parades or new knighthoods in the coming short period of time. :D