NON IMM VISA, EXTENTION?

Im currently having some trouble with the 1 year extention of my NON IMM visa type O.
I have one child 4 years old(thai and norway passport and both BC), but the immigration office will not accept the birth certificates.
They told me to get married so it will be much easier, so im going for it.
I have requested the papers from my country, Norway.
It will take about 3 weeks to get the papers....

Im 1,5month into my visa, so i should apply for the 1 year extention before 1 december.(1 month before it expire).
My problem is that i cannot arrange my marrige before this, so what to do?

Can i get a 30 day extension on my non imm type o visa, same as with tourist visas?
Can i take a "visa trip" to one of the neighbor countries, by foot or flight?
Or can i go for Vientiane and stay there some days and apply for a new NON IMM visa?
Or do i need to go back for Norway, apply for a new NON IMM visa, then go back to Thailand?
Or even better, is there any IMMIGRATION OFFICE in Thailand that accept Birth Cerifticate? Have one in Thai, and one In Norwegian with translation and confirmation that im the father from the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok.

As you are not married and has not legalised your children, you are not the legal father.

To get married you need an affirmation from the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok, papers from Norway will have no weight with Thai authorities.

The affirmation has to be translated to Thai and approved by MFA.

You can try to get a 60 day extension with the birth certificates.

You can apply within last 14 days.

2 hours ago, MrLars said:

Im 1,5month into my visa, so i should apply for the 1 year extention before 1 december.(1 month before it expire).

You can apply for the extension at anytime during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from your visa. It can be applied for on the last day of your permit to stay if you wanted to. 

Can i get a 30 day extension on my non imm type o visa, same as with tourist visas?

No.

Can i take a "visa trip" to one of the neighbor countries, by foot or flight?

Yes.

Or can i go for Vientiane and stay there some days and apply for a new NON IMM visa?

Yes. You can do this anytime. You apply in the morning of day 1 and collect in the afternoon of day 2.

Or do i need to go back for Norway, apply for a new NON IMM visa, then go back to Thailand?

No.

Or even better, is there any IMMIGRATION OFFICE in Thailand that accept Birth Cerifticate? Have one in Thai, and one In Norwegian with translation and confirmation that im the father from the Norwegian Embassy in Bangkok.

You can only get a 1 year extension of stay, at any office, if you are the 'legal parent'.

You can get a 60 day extension -- without being the legal parent -- from your local immigration office. This would probably be your best option. It will give you time to get married and at the end of the 60 days you can apply for a 1 year extension.

My experience in Hua Hin. My daughter was 5 and we went to the Amphur to register as the legal father. First, I needed my passport translated and certified by the Foreign Ministry -- name must be spelled the same in Thai as on the Birth Certificate. Second, mother and daughter had to go with me to the Amphur -- we did not do this in the same Amphur where my daughter is registered but we did have to have copies of the Blue Book where she is registered. Third, my daughter had to be able to write her entire name in Thai -- we were told this when we check about the process a year or so earlier. Other than making the trip to the Foreign Ministry to do the passport, the entire process was simple and no fuss. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect