Using the Combination Method to get to 800,000

I would like to communicate with someone actually using this method.

PLEASE if you don't use this method DO NOT REPLY!

Funds deposited in the THAI bank.

1>Must they come from a foreign bank with documentation if so what is the documentation?

2>Must you show the pension portion for the previous 12 months?

3>If the funds are brought over thru an ATM then deposited does that meet the requirement?

4> Must the deposit of the additional funds over the pension amount need to be seasoned for 3 months?

My situation:

I use the ATM to take my pension then deposit in Bangkok Bank I have documentation from my USA bank that the pension funds were withdrawn. Will that be accepted?

If I sell my Motorcycle can I place those funds in the THAI bank to meet the amount over my pension?

Thank you so much 

Edited by bikerlou47

3 hours ago, bikerlou47 said:

My girl has just called Immigration here in Khorat she was told they dont care where the money comes from as long as it meets the requirements.

Do not be surprised if you do present evidence of deposits into a Thai bank account that the immigration officer tells you that it is not sufficient and that a deposit of 800k (retirement) or 400k (Thai family) is the only acceptable method. 

This has been pointed out by JackThompson. 

You (and many others) may want income of some form to be permitted but at this time immigration has not said if there is anyway of proving it that they will accept, so unless or until they do it may not be possible to use anything but full money on deposit for 3 months.

If you can get written information from immigration that anyway apart from an embassy letter is OK please post it.

45 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Do not be surprised if you do present evidence of deposits into a Thai bank account that the immigration officer tells you that it is not sufficient and that a deposit of 800k (retirement) or 400k (Thai family) is the only acceptable method. 

This has been pointed out by JackThompson. 

You (and many others) may want income of some form to be permitted but at this time immigration has not said if there is anyway of proving it that they will accept, so unless or until they do it may not be possible to use anything but full money on deposit for 3 months.

If you can get written information from immigration that anyway apart from an embassy letter is OK please post it.

This is uncorroberated information and pure speculation.  If your Partner has been told by Immigrations what you need to produce, the safer way is to ask her to contact Immigration again, hopefully get the same reply and then ask for the IO's name and in the unlikely event you hit a stonewall when you go to renew and are asked for the 800/400K deposit you can use that info to negotiate your situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bikerlou47 said:

Since there is no more Embassy letter I dont see that working.

In your OP, you didn't specify whether your question was for now or in July 2019 when the income letters are no longer accepted. I thought Mr. JackThompson did a good job of explaining and he did qualify his answer by saying "For now"...

TI has not made any official announcements and the only official information anyone has received has been issued by the UK, US & AUS Embassies. No one knows for certain what will be acceptable by TI starting in July 2019 after the income letters are no longer accepted.

Also, whatever information the TI person at Khorat gave your girl may be correct for now, but it may change by July 2019. It's up to you if you want to gamble, but I'm not a gambler and I wouldn't rely on what someone told my girl on the phone 8 mths out. Until I hear an official announcement from Thai Immigration, I intend to play it safe and put 800k into my Thai bank account 3 mths prior to my Sep 2019 renewal. If anyone waits until it's time to renew and their income is not accepted, then it's too late...

Edited by JohnnyBD
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

Keep in mind for those who need to renew in July they will need to put their funds together by April not that far off!

Please keep in mind that without confirmation from TI, the only accepted method will be the 400,00 for marriage and 800,000 for retirement in a Thai bank account. After the letters finish at this time there is no other agreed method, despite what posters on Thai Visa are saying.

14 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

Will immigration honor the combo method?

No information yet

15 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

Do you have to prove that the funds are coming from a foreign bank?

Quite likely because unless you are on a Thai family extension you can't legally work in Thailand and if it is income from investments in Thailand you don't need the income method, but No information yet

Must the funds over the pension amount be seasoned for 3 months?

Extremely unlikely as they would be income and it would commonly be used not saved but No information yet.

Must you show the previous 12 months of pension payments?

Extremely likely as they would not usually vary by much, however there could be a onetime exception because of the change but No information yet.

12 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

That is clearly false the combination method is clearly stated as one of the options.

Have you read or watched the movie  "Catch 22”?

If not then it's worthwhile, and at the moment this is a perfect example of that kind of situation.

Information from TI may change that, or not.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

To say the instructions are simple shows your inexperience with Thailand.

The problem is from previous applications what one immigration officer will accept is often different to another in the same office? 

I never go without my wife as it’s just easier to have a Thai speaker with you as otherwise use an agent if she is abroad.

32 minutes ago, bikerlou47 said:

Ok as usual Beer Chang has taken over this thread so I will sign out..UGH!

Its a shame you feel like that. I am not even drinking and am trying to save you from yourself. You come on and ask for advice and then when told the truth you refuse to believe it and throw a wobbly. I suggest you grow up.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

The combo method stands for now. With letters of course. Without letters no word yet.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You are 100% correct.

The combo method does stand it’s in their code, the issue is how you prove the non fixed deposit element of income in the future. Im lucky enough to keep the money in the bank, but if I didn’t I have private pensions so would they accept the pension statements in English or just accept the deposited transfers on a regular basis into a Thai account? That’s the real question no one knows.

Thats the bigger issue, but they will need to send out some guidance as in Jan will start coming to a head!

• Like 1