I’m not sure if this should be in Bangkok Forum or this more general “visa” forum.

Anyway, went to Chaeng Wattana the other day to get my visa changed from Tourist Visa to Non B immigrant visa for my job as a teacher. For context I’ve been living here a few years no problems.

The day I went was close to the end of the day and they seemed in a hurry to get through the tickets. It was getting on for 4 pm. Anyway, my ticket came up and I sat in the booth in front of the immigration officer as she started ticking off details matching them to my documents. All my degrees etc. were also legalised and I had the originals. Anyway she took the fee and got a few signatures on documents, very normal stuff. However the thing that was different was that she gave me a receipt and told me to come back before the end of the month. No other information was given and on the form was stamped “Result” and then the future date.

Anyone experienced this recently?

Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Changes to a non immigrant from a visa exempt or tourist visa applications have to be approved by a higher ranking officer than is available at a immigration office. That means it has to be sent to the division headquarters for where the office is located for approval.

That is the reason for the requirement that you must have at least 15 days (more at some offices) remaining on you your entry or the extension of it.

• Like 1

Changes to a non immigrant from a visa exempt or tourist visa applications have to be approved by a higher ranking officer than is available at a immigration office. That means it has to be sent to the division headquarters for where the office is located for approval.
That is the reason for the requirement that you must have at least 15 days (more at some offices) remaining on you your entry or the extension of it.

Thanks ubonjoe. Is this just a formality?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app