Type Of Visa To Marry

Dave , What you will need to do, is have your embassy, notorize a statement, that you are free to marry. Then you will need to have this statement translated into Thai, You then take the translation, to the Thai ministry of affairs, who will authenticate the translation { more Dosh}............Annd then you take the paper work to the deputy muckity muck for the local Amphur, to register your marriage. In my case the Amphur muckity muck, informed me of an irregularity in our paperwork, and that I would have to begin the whole proccess over................er unless I paid her 3000 baht, and then we can make the correction here and today! We negotiated 500 baht, and done deal! That makes it legal. And as I said, no one seemed to be interested in what type of visa I had. Good Luck Ray

Thanks Ray,

I know all about the legal stuff and have allowed a week in Bangkok for it, what I needed to know is the visa requirements. I called the Thai embassy in Hull and a woman told me she didn't think I could marry on a 30 day entrance visa but I don't think she was too sure. I havn't read anything to that effect on any of the forums. I don't want to send off for a visa if I don't need to. I will return to Thailand and live when I can afford it which is another story of visa misery I guess.

Dave.

DAVE I think too that the type of visa is no issue. As mentioned before by someone else, the right paperwork is. Surely you have informed yourself which documents you need to get the consular document from your embassy. If not, visit the website of your embassy in Bangkok. I have not experienced yet what follows, but will in about a week or two...... Cheerio Stefan

Dave as to the marriage, you will not be dealing with the Thai embassy, or Thai immagration, I was on a tourist visa, and I dont believe that anyone looked at my visa, If I remember right, Thai ministry of affairs, only asked for a copy of the front page of my passport. Ray

Dave as to the marriage, you will not be dealing with the Thai embassy, or Thai immagration, I was on a tourist visa, and I dont believe that anyone looked at my visa, If I remember right, Thai ministry of affairs, only asked for a copy of the front page of my passport. Ray

Yes you can marry on a 30day Visa On Arrival, done it myself, they don't ask to see any visa.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me for sure if I can get married to my Thai fiance on a 30 day tourist arrival visa or do I need to get a non immigrant visa. It will all be done in 10 days so I will have plenty of time.

Thanks,

Dave

u r free to marry at any district office here in thailand, regardless of ur visa status as long as u hold the "freedom to marry" certificate which can only be issued by ur embassy. in thai it is called "bai sot". it is an attestation from ur embassy that u r not currently married, or in the process of divorce in ur country of origin or have any other marriages registered there.

hope this helps

cheers

Edited by oooooo