Alert over use of amoxicillin in orange orchards

webfact

Is it just me, or is there absolutely no mention in the OP article of the Thai health authorities planning to do any testing of retail orange juice products here to check for antibiotic residues???

Well, I guess I can understand that, after all, as the contents of the actual products that people consume here isn't really a matter of great concern for the so-called public health authorities.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or is there absolutely no mention in the OP article of the Thai health authorities planning to do any testing of retail orange juice products here to check for antibiotic residues???

Well, I guess I can understand that, after all, as the contents of the actual products that people consume here isn't really a matter of great concern for the so-called public health authorities.
Wait and see until the news is forgotten.
Normal tactics here...
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile, it looks like Thailand isn't the only place with antibiotic residued orange juice:

https://www.naturalhealth365.com/antibiotics-epa-2262.html

https://beyondpesticides.org/dailynewsblog/2017/03/got-antibiotics-straight-100-pure-orange-juice-epa-allows-florida-citrus-contributing-bacterial-resistance-crisis/

EPA’s approval is based on USDA predictions that Florida’s orange harvest will be extremely low this year, about only half of what the crop was five years ago due to citrus greening. Under Section 18, state applications must prove unpredictable economic harm due to a pest problem. Instead of looking at the root causes of the low harvest and focusing on improving soil and organic systems, thus eliminating unnecessary pesticides, growers turned to EPA to issue the emergency exemption and allow the use of streptomycin in an attempt to find a short-term fix.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1