Thai Tourism Ministry seeking to boost street food quality

webfact

6 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

This is one of those areas where it's not easy to blame a single party as the whole society is involved in the mess.

Vendors are selfish, blocking paths and usually dirty 

Consumers don't care as long as they are not individually inconvenienced too much 

Government wants to "upgrade" the country by removing the vendors, but as Thais always do, they focus only on the superficial look without a proper plan to relocate vendors

All Thai groups are a part of the problem. 

Not sure how you can even state they are usually dirty. They are not, and people walk with their feet. Do you really think that they would have any customers left if they were dirty ? Open your eyes a bit more is all I can say. 

30 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Not sure how you can even state they are usually dirty. They are not, and people walk with their feet. Do you really think that they would have any customers left if they were dirty ? Open your eyes a bit more is all I can say. 

I will assume you are from a western country. 

When you were there, did you clean your private parts properly after going to the toilet by using a spray hose or bidet? No? Why? 

Because they were unavailable. 

People adjust to their environment. It's all relative. If you think the food eaten from food stalls is clean - just because Thais eat it - I think you should question your logic. 

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

When you were there, did you clean your private parts properly after going to the toilet by using a spray hose or bidet? No? Why? 

People adjust to their environment. It's all relative. If you think the food eaten from food stalls is clean - just because Thais eat it - I think you should question your logic. 

Why would I go to the toilet there ? Those vendors used to be 200 meters from my apartment. And incidentially, the nightmarket round the corner has toilets, for the last two decades already. Yes that food is clean and very delicious. There is nothing wrong with my logic. 

On 11/24/2018 at 4:09 PM, Fex Bluse said:

Oi, we had bidets in Finland since at least the 70's. Only barbarians scrape with sandpaper.

• Haha 2