import car from Myanmar

kannot

Just curious if thats actually do-able or is that smacked with import duties.............., funny really as the bloomin things are made in Thailand shipped there, thought they had some tax agreements etc??

They sell the 2.8 Colorado in Myanmar but not here, way more grunt

Recent legislation in Myanmar requires that all imports (and that's all cars) now be LHD. However, there's still loads of RHD cars on the roads and for sale, some as new as current models that are not available in Thailand as the OP has indicated. I haven't checked all the prices as I think the FB market I was looking at was using some strange forex rate. I doubt I could get a 2017 Chevy Silverado for just US700. However, since RHD are being proscribed, there may be some bargains that may offset the import duty?

But highly doubtful.

7 hours ago, steve187 said:

are they not LHD

Just watched a test of a  Colorado there and it was RHD and in Chevvys Myanmar website they are all right hand drive so????

Was  just curious if you could import one as they would be made here.........nuts really.

Ok just seen a traiblazer video and thats Left hand drive so guess they may NOW all be?

That leaves Malaysia as right hand drive  but their distributor has also jacked it in now as  well..............hmmmmmm not doing so well are Chevrolet, shame I like the Colorado. Been offered 125000 baht discount off an LTZZ71 huge discount, sign of trouble??

Ah well.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Recent legislation in Myanmar requires that all imports (and that's all cars) now be LHD. However, there's still loads of RHD cars on the roads and for sale, some as new as current models that are not available in Thailand as the OP has indicated. I haven't checked all the prices as I think the FB market I was looking at was using some strange forex rate. I doubt I could get a 2017 Chevy Silverado for just US700. However, since RHD are being proscribed, there may be some bargains that may offset the import duty?

But highly doubtful.

So there is an import duty then?

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

You could buy a second hand 2.8 Colorado...GM Thailand stopped selling them here, so I presume the one's in Myanmar are old-stock from here...

Spoke with a  guy at Chevrolet he told me they havent registered the 2.8 with the Thai govt (it was previously, must have some expiry date) so cant sell it in Thailand now, he also said the import charges from Myanmar would be horrendous ie 80% + a  whole raft of other taxes so its a No no..

The Australian models are all built here and still use the 2.8 also made here in rayong but they are unable to sell it In Thailand.

Archived