Why do folks seem so miserable here?

Nyezhov

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

So thanks for your advice, but I think the guys in the Orange Vests and the girls in Soi 6 know more....

Now I understand.  You are one of the barstool foreigners.  I hope you're happy in the not-the-real-Thailand but a tourist ghetto. 

It's not a safe place for you and you should know this by now.  

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, booty call said:

Not sympathy but empathy, my friend.  Big difference and one day you might need the same courtesy afforded to your good self.  

Hey look it was just Thanksgiving/Loy Falang here, maybe he ate too many traditional Hoi Kraeng Pot Pies. They only use the best Hoi Kraeng harvested from Pattaya Bay  by happy, smiling Myanmar tribespeople who are grateful to be allowed to work for free to honour the Loy Falang.

Im surprised with your apparent encylopedic knowledge of Thailand you don't know that. They have classes on Thai culture in this upstairs social club on Patpong Road here in Bangkok, would you like the addy? Or there is a place in Pattaya called New Boys Town where you can go.

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Maybe you are right. Perhaps you could teach me the ropes?

No need as you obviously know it all.  You're not funny by the way. 

Quite a yawn-fest tonight but mildly entertaining knowing that you're doing your best at your comedic routine.  

2 minutes ago, booty call said:

You're not funny by the way. 

No. Im not. Im pudgy and repulsive too. Have you something against pudgy, repulsive and unfunny people? Would it be a childhood thing then mate? 

Im glad that I mildly entertain you. My role in life is now fullfilled. If you were here, I would give you a deep respectful Why.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Orts and detritus indeed. As if the fine bbbbakers of 7-11 would use anything other than the finest Thai Pineapples for their pies. And as if you cant get a fresh veggie here. Why the Fresh Mart here has fresher and livelier veggies than those sitting in the bars of Loi Kroh.

And now you are insulting the Big Mango from your lofty perch up there in the highlands? Exhaust fumes? At least I dont have to flee from the smoke of thousands of acres burning every year. Plus I have scuba gear. Plus the operative word is "live". People live in Bangkok. They go to CM to die. Thats what the guys in Pattaya tell me where I go there to learn about Thai culture.

Ah, so you know about Loi Kroh. Has it occurred to you there are other veggie stalls in CM of far superior quality? The agriculture faculty of CM University is one of the largest on campus, and has very fresh produce.

Krung Thep lacks soul/character. Just an unending parade of high-rises, slowly sinking into the swamp. Big doesn't necessarily mean beautiful.

Odds are pretty good you'll outlive me. It doesn't mean you will have lived more than me.

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im here. That should give the whole place five stars.

Anyone that says the City of Angels lacks soul clearly needs to go back to Religious Education Classes.  Next he'll be saying Los Angeles is a soulless desert of highways and out of town retail sheds.

5 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Anyone that says the City of Angels lacks soul clearly needs to go back to Religious Education Classes. 

I make excuses for Australians, I have a tender place in my heart for them. I had this Aussie gf once named Sheila.

36 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Should learn to read.

You should also learn to write ... "... called Sheila"

No that was her name. She wasnt called Sheila, it was in the US so she was a girl NAMED Sheila.

Only in the land of Qz would it be "hey mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie and toss me a Fosters, how is your sheila, Sheila."

There is your lesson for the next millenium. Pay close attention.

Thanks Nyezhov for creating this thread,I think your contribution will afford you a well deserved 5 star rating from member's who look at the gaaeo half full as oppose to half empty!

I do live here for all the bad reasons. I have a wonderful young lady who indulges my friendship,wouldn't want it any other way . I do enjoy having a couple of cold beers over ice lol with my Farang and Thai friends in restaurants and parties! I can speak enough Thai to make people laugh and at times when I feel up to it sing Thai at the local establishments when the Thai owners bug me enough!

Thailand is my home ,I get more smiles here in one year then I had in a lifetime in the USA.

"Get busy livin or get busy dyin "  

On 11/20/2018 at 9:30 PM, Stocky said:

Some folks are only happy when they're miserable.

I had a buddy like that.  His goal in life was to be a failure, I think it had something to do with punishing his parents.  And maybe he thought it made him cool, like some sort of counter-culture hero.

So he succeeded in being an f-up.  Oh wait, things are getting circular...

On 11/21/2018 at 4:47 AM, Pilotman said:

People who complain incessantly and look miserable most of the time, would complain and be miserable wherever they were living.  TV gives them an outlet for their inner rage and disappointment at what life has done to them.  They take no responsibility for their own misery, which is why they blame the Thais  and Thailand for all their woes.  Take a walk down Pattaya Beach Road at midday day, any day  and the bars are full of miserable looking, mainly old men, drinking beer and just looking like they are already dead. I avoid them, I avoid where they go and I dont read their ranting posts. 

Maybe the op should take his own advice and quit bitching. ????

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

No that was her name. She wasnt called Sheila, it was in the US so she was a girl NAMED Sheila.

Only in the land of Qz would it be "hey mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie and toss me a Fosters, how is your sheila, Sheila."

There is your lesson for the next millenium. Pay close attention.

I did, and it's millennium.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Sorry. Not even your effervescent presence is sufficient to raise Bangkok from a slough of despond. Klongs are for klutzes.

Really? How mean! That is truly harsh! You have, if anything, made me feel mentally worse than a Democrat forced to watch 2016 election night reruns. How you could do that to another human being is beyond me. You are worse than the dude earlier asking about someones bowels.

Yet, through all that, through the slings and arrows of those who would fail to recognize my contribution to making BKK the cool place it is, I stand alone, like a beacon of happiness sheened with sweat on the top of Wat Saket.  I am like the free Jeraboam of Moet presented in a ceremonial hubcap to 5 retired Scousers on Beach Road at 10am...a vessel of true happiness!

And Khlongs are for klutzes? I laugh hysterically at your profound impudence. A man from the Outback living in CM where there are mere ponds? I doubt what you could do what I do every day. The Khlong Boat captains are amazed that a man so fat could pirouette so effortlessly into boats while only dumping one of two old Aunties in the water. And that is with my cooler bag full of 7-11 pineapple pies, and spare diapers. Here I am riding just the other day in the yacht some girls from Casanova arranged for me to bring my gold contribution to the Widowed Buffalo Fund.  It is huge hearts like mine that make this place what it is.

I suggest you apologize. Indeed. A sincere Why would be appreciated.

@melvinmelvin

P1070542a.thumb.jpg.08be67e591381aa59ea8fe358aa70d71.jpg 

20 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Really? How mean! That is truly harsh! You have, if anything, made me feel mentally worse than a Democrat forced to watch 2016 election night reruns. How you could do that to another human being is beyond me. You are worse than the dude earlier asking about someones bowels.

Yet, through all that, through the slings and arrows of those who would fail to recognize my contribution to making BKK the cool place it is, I stand alone, like a beacon of happiness sheened with sweat on the top of Wat Saket.  I am like the free Jeraboam of Moet presented in a ceremonial hubcap to 5 retired Scousers on Beach Road at 10am...a vessel of true happiness!

And Khlongs are for klutzes? I laugh hysterically at your profound impudence. A man from the Outback living in CM where there are mere ponds? I doubt what you could do what I do every day. The Khlong Boat captains are amazed that a man so fat could pirouette so effortlessly into boats while only dumping one of two old Aunties in the water. And that is with my cooler bag full of 7-11 pineapple pies, and spare diapers. Here I am riding just the other day in the yacht some girls from Casanova arranged for me to bring my gold contribution to the Widowed Buffalo Fund.  It is huge hearts like mine that make this place what it is.

I suggest you apologize. Indeed. A sincere Why would be appreciated.

@melvinmelvin

P1070542a.thumb.jpg.08be67e591381aa59ea8fe358aa70d71.jpg 

Sorry. I cannot apologise for speaking truth to you. I recommend in order to combat your propensity towards obesity, you should take up the sport of farnarkling. Who knows, you may even achieve the holy grail of a classic arkle.

Perhaps this link may cheer you up. It's classic Australian humour, although the guy doing most of the talking is actually a Kiwi. About an oil spill that occurred off the West Australian coast.

Archived