Residence Certificate

It has been said many time that if you want a residence certificate for what ever reason to go to your local immigration office or to your embassy. There has been a few times on various threads that someone has said that their immigration office will not supply residence certificates anymore and for them to go to their embassy. Well, I would suggest that before you go to your embassy that you check to see if they will supply the residence certificate for you. I just happened to be checking the Australian Embassy Notarial Service to see if anything has change and I noticed the following.

Notarial Services we are unable to provide include:

• As of 7 January 2019, witnessing statutory declarations which declare income or bank balances for Thai Immigration purposes
  • Witnessing statutory declarations or providing a letter which declares your address in Thailand

So reading that they are not going to supply the stat dec for the income and they are not going to supply anything for your address in Thailand. How many other embassies are doing the same thing? If we cannot get a residence certificate from the immigration office and we cannot get one from our embassy then where do we get them from?

We cannot get a drivers/riders licence, or get a yellow house book and many banks also are asking for them.

The same situation exists recently when a foreigner want to open a bank account in Thailand. The bank will ask for a Resident Certificate from the local immigration branches or a certificate from the Embassy which confirms your residence in Thailand or at least the authenticity of your passport. Alternatively you will have to buy a assurance at the bank which costs more the 5 000 Baht.

Get a certificate of residence from the immigration office by claiming that they have to issue one (i don't know if they have to, but probably neither do they), by offering some money, or by calling Bangkok and having them talk with each other, or one of many other ways, be creative.

In case it turns out to be impossible you could get a yellow house book with your name in it, if that's possible for you (if they require a certificate of residence to issue the yellow book that's obviously a problem)

If both fails you could move to another province with a more cooperative immigration office.

Edited by jackdd
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Get a certificate of residence from the immigration office by claiming that they have to issue one (i don't know if they have to, but probably neither do they), by offering some money, or by calling Bangkok and having them talk with each other, or one of many other ways, be creative.

In case it turns out to be impossible you could get a yellow house book with your name in it, if that's possible for you (if they require a certificate of residence to issue the yellow book that's obviously a problem)

If both fails you could move to another province with a more cooperative immigration office.

I don't have a problem with getting a residence certificate but it is something that I noticed on the Australian embassy website today and I remembered someone on here saying that they could not get one at there immigration office.So is this another thing like the income letters.

Why should we sell up everything and move to an area that we do not like when that immigration office could do the same thing

• 1 year later...
On 11/21/2018 at 5:47 PM, Russell17au said:

I don't have a problem with getting a residence certificate but it is something that I noticed on the Australian embassy website today and I remembered someone on here saying that they could not get one at there immigration office.So is this another thing like the income letters.

Why should we sell up everything and move to an area that we do not like when that immigration office could do the same thing

I got one in Khon Kaen. it was free, although needed a bag of dried fruit to soften them up.