American missionary killed by tribe on remote Indian island

webfact

Good. Well done Sentinelese people, we are with you.

These missionaries are the highest level of selfishness. Spreading their stupid believes to others, for the sake that they would be saved by their rather unpleasant, constant praising requiring, little god boy. 

I don't understand what's wrong with these people who think they must change other people's lives.

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Let the natives live in peace.

I read of these self contained, indigenous tribes around the world, many in Brazil which are supposedly about to get wiped out as a result of the new right wing President-elect Jair Bolsonarno.

I'm sure many of these tribes could teach us a thing or two about living in peace and harmony.

Perhaps some of the tribe have visited "the outside world" and returned to tell of the horrors of modernized society.

As for the "American missionary", he knew that his trip was likely to not end well.

Their true aim is probably different from what they claim to be.

He paid the ultimate price for his stupidity.

Other than that there isn't a word that befits someone who ventures into such risk.

Reminds me of a pastor in Africa who prayed for months in front of a lion's cage in a local zoo. ( The lions were neglected for years with most of the funds provided for the upkeep going into private pockets.

Praying daily and finally decided to show himself to be a man of true spirit and god he thought that his believes would protect him from harm.

The guards only found a few remaining pieces of clothes when they came to clean the next morning.

Believe is one thing, stupidity another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Why do some smart <deleted> people think they have the right to try and instil their beliefs on others?

I sure hope you tell this to Thai people as well how the evil Indian buddhist monks came and instilled their beliefs on them and how deceived they are into buddhism as a result. Or are you afraid and only want to bash Christians? Please also go down to Southern Thailand as well while you are at it and tell them how they were scammed by Mohammad's followers. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe better if you know more about members before you post, then when you post your post would make sense, you have no idea about me as i have spoken the same many times about monks here.

So not only Christian bashing, i bash every religion.

You do?

Goodness me Col-you are the ultimate desperado...l????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I recall a story about a guy who jumped into a lion's enclosure in Kiev zoo, claiming 'if god exists, he will protect me'. He didn't survive and more than ever I believe in lions! 

The preacher and the deacon were walking one day

along came a bear comin' 'round their way

the preacher told the deacon to say a prayer

deacon said "but our prayer won't kill the bear!"

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well we are always hearing...Jesus saves, well he didnt this time.

Why do some smart <deleted> people think they have the right to try and instil their beliefs on others?

These folks are far from being smart. They do are afraid of their imaginary friends with bad temper.

Funny how it's only the christians, who are trying to convert people to their religion. Vicious christian people. 

12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe better if you know more about members before you post, then when you post your post would make sense, you have no idea about me as i have spoken the same many times about monks here.

So not only Christian bashing, i bash every religion.

Just pointing something out based on the context. I've met plenty of people over the years that have criticized Christians for so called indoctrinating hill tribe peoples here in Thailand yet those same people are silent whenever I have brought whether they also criticize the Buddhists that came from India in the same way that indoctrinated the same hill tribes and the rest of Thailand years before. We are on a public online forum, I don't need to get to know anyone in advance. 

Edited by vinegarbase
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Well they did not eat him,unlike missionaries in other parts of

the World,and in the past.these natives don't want "saving",so

please just leave them alone.

regards worgeordie

Unless they were dragging his body across the beach to a pre prepared hangi cooking pit, for a long pig feast.

7 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

Just pointing something out based on the context. I've met plenty of people over the years that have criticized Christians for so called indoctrinating hill tribe peoples here in Thailand yet those same people are silent whenever I have brought whether they also criticize the Buddhists that came from India in the same way that indoctrinated the same hill tribes and the rest of Thailand years before. We are on a public online forum, I don't need to get to know anyone in advance. 

Personally I have never witnessed any other group of people, than the damned christians, to spread their religion to me nor to anyone else. 

Ugly, weak people who can't live in peace in this realm.