Three Chinese arrested in parcel scam

webfact

Three Chinese arrested in parcel scam

By The Nation

8pm.jpg

Three Chinese men were arrested in Pathum Thani on Thursday night for allegedly tricking people into paying for goods they had not ordered.

The raid was arranged by Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakpal, acting commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, after several people posted complaints to his Facebook page.

They said parcels had been sent to their houses with demands for “cash on delivery” (COD) payments and since they were out at the time their relatives had duly handed over the money. The parcels turned out to be useless, cheap or fake products.

The three suspects were identified as Shang Ju Kim, Dingman Wang and Li Hongjing (not official spellings).

They were arrested at a rented house in Pathum Thani, where police found large number of COD parcels that had been rejected by targeted recipients.

After questioning the three men, police searcedh a warehouse in Pathum Thani's Klong Luang district and found 8,410 items; they were mostly cosmetic goods without the appropriate FDA licence, cheap electronic gadgets and fake sportswear.

Surachate said the arrested men had entered Thailand on tourist visas and allegedly made money by sending COD parcels to Thai people for about three months.

They were charged with fraud and being foreigners working without permission, smuggling goods into the country and selling unlicensed cosmetics.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359155

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-23

This is not as it seems.

What happens is that it is related to the Taobao program in China and somehow the number of items that they post each month shows up on there to show that they are big sellers and have a good reputation.  A bit like good feedback on Ebay.

The C.O.D. thing is just these guys.

I have seen a lot of adverts for ultra cheap 8tb Western Digital hard drives on Facebook.  I even sent off for one and surprise surprise the only option to pay was COD.  When it came, my wife gave it to me before handing the money over which was good as I opened it immediately and found a 750 megabyte Hitachi drive.  I refused payment, resealed the box and sent the delivery man away.....caveat emptor as they say

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That man again,he gets things done, he's going to need a bigger

chest for all the medals and patches he's going to get.

regards worgeordie

From the article, it seems that complaints were posted to his Facebook page.

He got his staff to act and 3 arrests were made.

Seems like a good days work, although not sure he'll be decorated for it....

22 minutes ago, Jingjock said:

Can't get my head aroung this sentence, can someone explain

Can't get my head around this word "aroung".

But as for the other sentence, I assume that it should read "I am wondering where the Chinese have gone today".

Answer: Cambodia and Vn.