November 23, 20187 yr Had these installed when I first bought the Triton, they stop a lot of mud etc being thrown up in hard to wash places, anyway that's my rationale. Can't say I've ever seen another pickup with them, wonder why 'cause they're not expensive.
November 23, 20187 yr I'm suspicious that they just act as a mud/sand/grit and water trap and after a few years the metal under the wheel arches start to rust..maybe the thick goopy "underseal" paint would be better ??
November 23, 20187 yr 22 minutes ago, transam said: I bought it in 2007 So now in 2018 no rust under there ???????
November 23, 20187 yr Our town car - 2001 - has them from new. Had to fix a few cracks, etc. But holding up well. And stops gravel from chipping the paint, which causes rust spots.
November 23, 20187 yr 3 hours ago, johng said: So now in 2018 no rust under there ??????? They were fitted in 2007, so there are no paint chips to turn into rust. From factory the front wings have an inner wing and has no rust anywhere. The ride being a 4x4 with an excellent LSD chucks up gravel, stones etc when I boot it on a loose surface so the plastic inner wing has done a good job. ???? PS. Just sold it to a very happy Thai bloke, I was a very happy bloke with the wonga..????
Create an account or sign in to comment