only one place in bkk to extend visa?

any particular days that might be good to go?  sky train part way?  any hours that  I need to know about?  closing time?  thanks...……………..  from ko sarn road I wonder if I take boat on river or sky train part way?  I suspect just jump taxi is best bet if I avoid rush hour......….

-BTS skytrain to Morchit, then bus # 52. Boat to Nonthaburi clock tower still leaves you a long way to go. I would use Skytrain/bus instead. Return home by boat if you need a change of scenery.

-don't go the day after a holiday. Upcoming holidays:  Dec. 5 and 10

- Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., closed Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jkthai said:

Any one know of any agents that will do the run for you to save hanging about at CW ?

or is it necessary to go in person

A good agent should be able to arrange priority queuing. However, for an extension, you are required to attend in person except under special circumstances (such as being in hospital). If an agent offers to process an extension without your attendance, maybe it will be processed properly. I would not risk it. correct procedure is not being followed, and it is possible your extension could be invalid.

Sorry bit out of touch with this free 30 day tourist extension thing.

If I have a 2 month tourist Visa and want to extend for another month, I go to CW and can apply for the 30-day extension & get it without paying the 1900 baht fee? If so when does this end?

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Straight8 said:

Sorry bit out of touch with this free 30 day tourist extension thing.

If I have a 2 month tourist Visa and want to extend for another month, I go to CW and can apply for the 30-day extension & get it without paying the 1900 baht fee? If so when does this end?

No is not. That does not exist at this time.

I assume your read the rather vague news article about it. It was only a proposal and has not been approved yet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No is not. That does not exist at this time.

I assume your read the rather vague news article about it. It was only a proposal and has not been approved yet.

Yes, that's correct UJ, but bits and pieces of snippets have been popping up in random threads, just thought they may have implemented something.

Thanks for confirming.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Straight8 said:

Yes, that's correct UJ, but bits and pieces of snippets have been popping up in random threads, just thought they may have implemented something.

Thanks for confirming.

thai immigration giving something for free.  right