Wild dogs & cats?

georgegeorgia

When i went out to a farm in outback Australia I was surprised the farm had problems with wild dogs, that is dogs  that were once domesticated but dumped by their owners etc and now in pack groups.

They would rip open the sheep not killing them just maiming them .

Also wild cats are a problem too although I didnt see that on the farm I was on.

What animal  problems do you face on the farms in Thailand?

Feral cats and dogs can be a problem everywhere, had these on a farm in a desert area of Saudi.   The local city "Rent-a-Kill would bring trapped / caught dogs and cats and dump them near the farm.    Previously there had been wild cats and dog species that balanced nature very well, the city animals soon put paid to that.  The consequences were more snakes and scorpions around the farm and short lived days for the city strays.

In Australia they kill foxes and hang them on the fence, the dingoes, kangaroos, camels and brumbies ( wild horses ) sometimes face a similar fate.

3 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Feral cats and dogs can be a problem everywhere, had these on a farm in a desert area of Saudi.   The local city "Rent-a-Kill would bring trapped / caught dogs and cats and dump them near the farm.    Previously there had been wild cats and dog species that balanced nature very well, the city animals soon put paid to that.  The consequences were more snakes and scorpions around the farm and short lived days for the city strays.

In Australia they kill foxes and hang them on the fence, the dingoes, kangaroos, camels and brumbies ( wild horses ) sometimes face a similar fate.

Youv'e been watching too many movies, hanging dead animals on fences does happen, but it is not normal practice, lets not give the wrong impression here, people will think we are a bunch of savages.

20 hours ago, blinkers said:

Youv'e been watching too many movies, hanging dead animals on fences does happen, but it is not normal practice, lets not give the wrong impression here, people will think we are a bunch of savages.

No offence meant.   Spent some years in Australia and visited a number of times in relation to farming.

There are no wild dogs around my village as rabies has claimed a couple of victims around Buriram this  year and all dogs are vaccinated, issued certificates and a neck tag. Village men are hired by the authorities to do this,  costs 10 baht a dog.  I'm told suspicious dogs quietly disappear.

Everyone in the village has dogs so the cats are quick or dead.