Severe face swelling after using online beauty cream

davejonesbkk

This wasn't me but my wife, she bought some skin cream treatment package (DrSaroj) which is apparently meant to be very good. She knew and had read use cases about the side affects of using this cream and that it would cause a lot of redness and swelling on her face for 3-4 days after using it. She started using this cream about 2 weeks ago and then started getting the swelling a bit on Thursday but then it got really bad Friday evening and now she is almost unrecognizable. She has spoken to the company online and they've said that this is a normal side affect but they also said that she had used too much of the cream (she applied it twice per day).  

Does anyone here have any knowledge or experience with anything like this? Should she just wait it out or should I take her to a skin doctor? She has started taking antihistamines since 24hrs ago but its still very bad.  

39 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Did she check, before purchase, if the cream is approved for sale by the Thai drug / cosmetics authority?

She should have gone to the doctor already.

I have no idea, I just looked at the website and there seem to be certificates etc shown but it could all be BS.

We will be going to see a doctor tomorrow.

We went to the hospital early this morning and saw a skin doctor later, she basically had a very bad allergic reaction to it which took 2 weeks to appear. The doctor gave her some antihistamine pills and creams for her to take for a week before going back, it will take 5-7 days for all the swelling and redness to go and then a couple more weeks for the dry skin to be healed.

The ingredients has all sorts of long words I dont recognise but it certainly isnt anything herbal like the brand name suggests, they are all going in the bin anyway and she has learned a good lesson I think ????

7 hours ago, davejonesbkk said:

The ingredients has all sorts of long words I dont recognise but it certainly isnt anything herbal like the brand name suggests, they are all going in the bin anyway and she has learned a good lesson I think 

Before you bin it record those long words for future reference.  Even if you do not test to determine which it was you will have a record for doctor if have another incident.  

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Before you bin it record those long words for future reference.  Even if you do not test to determine which it was you will have a record for doctor if have another incident.  

Good point.

For the OP, did the doctor take a good look at the list of ingredients in the cream?

20 hours ago, davejonesbkk said:

The ingredients has all sorts of long words I dont recognise but it certainly isnt anything herbal like the brand name suggests

Even if it were herbal, just because it's herbal doesn't mean somebody won't have an allergic reaction to it.  I have contact dermatitis reactions to several "all natural" things.  Herbal & natural ≠ safe.

[edit] I'd be interested to see the ingredients label, too.  Perhaps you could snap a picture of it before it goes into the trash.

Archived