Coming back to Thailand after deportation.

8 hours ago, DJ54 said:

At 24 you were bucking the system and did so for 6 years. Why was that?

I just wanted to stay in Thailand and it was the only possible way at that time. For the last 2 years, I considered Elite visa or marriage visa which would be absolutely legal. Unfortunately, I was too lazy and underestimated the consequences. Overall Thai immigration policy gave me an illusion that it is not strict enough. 

Edited by Andrew23
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andrew23 said:

I just wanted to stay in Thailand and it was the only possible way at that time. For the last 2 years, I considered Elite visa or marriage visa which would be absolutely legal. Unfortunately, I was too lazy and underestimated the consequences. Overall Thai immigration policy gave me an illusion that it is not strict enough. 

Well done with respect to your honesty, the average farang on here would be blaming immigration or slagging off the Thai people, blaming everyone except themselves..

• Like 1

The past is the past. You have the opportunity to do it right and come and live as long as you want in Thailand as the husband of a Thai wife (as most of us are). Just remember to keep your mouth shut about anything else...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

Why would one be worried about an embassy or consulate accessing the immigration system, if the denied stamp in his passport is not an issue then ? Ergo the stamp in the passport indicates he has already had an issue entering Thailand, so please tell me why the embassy wouldnt question it?

Why do you think the embassies, and especially the consulates, care whether or not the person they sell a visa to may/may not get entry to the country?

Consulates like Hull in the UK, or Savannahket in Loas exist to sell visas. They will take money from anyone as long as they meet the requirements. The consular staff are simply ensuring they cover their administrative backsides.

Being denied entry does not automatically exclude someone, and as far as I am aware the Thai authorities have not directed consular staff not to issue a visa to someone with a previous denial. That is why embassies/consulates do not care about a denial stamp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew23 said:

I am reporting that I did a non-immigrant type "O" visa based on marriage in Laos and entered Thailand through Thai-Lao border without questions ???? 

Well done.

Did you get a new passport?

16 hours ago, Andrew23 said:

I am reporting that I did a non-immigrant type "O" visa based on marriage in Laos and entered Thailand through Thai-Lao border without questions ???? 

Thanks for reporting back.  I love the reports with happy results and re-united families.

• Like 1