British-born Thai racer Alexander Albon to race for Toro Rosso F1 team in 2019

webfact

Albon to race for Toro Rosso F1 team in 2019

AlexAlbonMarrakech2017.jpg

Alexander Albon//Wikipedia

LONDON (Reuters) - British-born Thai racer Alexander Albon will race for Toro Rosso next season, the Red Bull-owned Formula One team announced on Monday.

Albon, 22, finished third in this year's Formula Two championship and had been due to compete for Nissan in the all-electric Formula E series. He will partner Russian Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso.

(Reporting by Alan Baldwin; Editing by Kevin Liffey)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-11-27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strange that if you Google Alexander Albon, his father is mentioned and named, but nothing about his mother, who , I guess, is Thai. He is of course, represented as a British driver, as Mr Woods is an American golfer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Strange that if you Google Alexander Albon, his father is mentioned and named, but nothing about his mother, who , I guess, is Thai. He is of course, represented as a British driver, as Mr Woods is an American golfer.

In F2 he is named as a Thai driver not British.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Albon joins world champion Lewis Hamilton, George Russell and Lando Norris as the British representatives on the grid from next year

But he officially races as a Thai driver.

When his name is shown on televised F2 races ( as in grid position etc) a Thai flag is shown against his name.

56 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

I'm interested - did you know this already?   Or did you go digging on his upbringing looking for dirt, hoping to find something?

Be honest.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

It never ceases to amaze me the horrible negativity to any achievement by a Thai on here.  Must find a way to denigrate him - either by saying he is British and not Thai (he's just as much British as he is Thai) or by attacking his parents and upbringing.  It is shameful and disgusting really.

Shameful is he lived in a 5 million pound mansion, got to rub shoulders with the wealthy and access to all the right connections, all on dirty money.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

I suppose he will be easy to spot on television. He'll be the one driving without a helmet and going the 'wrong way' in the pit lane.

Due to his talent he will have a jet set life style, money and women, private jets etc...

And your talents gave you the privilage of living in Isaan, LOL... if the world had piles thats where they would be 

????

• Like 1

But is his 'success' due to his talent? Or has family money 'purchased' his seat in the team?   As for living in Isaan, great place for an old geezer like me. 

Where do you go when the pollution makes the air quality become dangerous in Chang Mai?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Uuuuuuuuh...he is Thai- born- britiosh...or the other way around...anyways...somehow Thai....I totally wet my pants!

:coffee1:

Born in London,father is British,has a British name so I guess that makes him British more than a Thai.as for the mother who fleeced people out of their their savings and run  businesses into the ground like the boiler room boys we shouldn't mention her.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoePai said:

Albon joins world champion Lewis Hamilton, George Russell and Lando Norris as the British representatives on the grid from next year

Vertappen will be the next Champion so Albon will always be in his shade....hope for him he can stand that.

6 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

It never ceases to amaze me the horrible negativity to any achievement by a Thai on here.  Must find a way to denigrate him - either by saying he is British and not Thai (he's just as much British as he is Thai) or by attacking his parents and upbringing.  It is shameful and disgusting really.

He could be from Mars, for all I care!

I never understand, why all Thais wet their pants, when someone is even 7% Thai and has some "success" in sports or something, but constantly look down on "luuk krung" in real life!

I hope, this helps you to understand!?

:coffee1:

• Like 1