November 27, 20187 yr I am looking for an orthopedic knee specialist in the Bangkok, where I can bring my bother in law (Thai citizen) for a complete examination of his knee. It is very bad and hurts a lot, but government hospitals only give him pain killers and anti-inflammation medicine, never really check what might be wrong inside (he had an accident some years ago). My BiL is a decent and hardworking guy, so I decided to take over the cost for the private exam which he can later take back to the government hospital, if any surgery is deemed necessary. Looking for not too expensive hospitals with decent doctors. I had my wife in Bumrungrad and the initial consultancy with x-ray and MRI was clost to 30K Baht... hope that I can get that some lower in other hospitals, but still have a knee specialist interpreting the results. Thanks in advance for you ideas and recommendations.
November 27, 20187 yr The best knee specialust is at Bumrungrad, Dr. Panya. Consultation will only cost about 2000 baht. Xrays additional but may be able to avoid or reduce the need if je brings with him xrays already done at his govt hospital. If an MRI is required (might or might not be) have it done at a private imaging center rather than the hospital; this will cut the price by about 40%. Refuse to buy medication (if any) at the hospital pharmacy. Imaging center= www.mrithailand.com Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Create an account or sign in to comment