Any Of You Guys Visit Soi L.k. Metro.

mulphy

I understand that the Police Chief of Phuket has clamped down on Bar owners who break the Law regarding closing -- I am expected to obey Thai law and all bar owners who only make money by having girls to attract customers should obey the laws as well or be put out of business. English pubs do not require girls to attract drinkers.

The laws you quote will never be enforced. :D

And more importantly, why do you care how entertainment venues do their business? :o

Edited by britmaveric

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that the Police Chief of Phuket has clamped down on Bar owners who break the Law regarding closing -- I am expected to obey Thai law and all bar owners who only make money by having girls to attract customers should obey the laws as well or be put out of business. English pubs do not require girls to attract drinkers.

The laws you quote will never be enforced. :D

And more importantly, why do you care how entertainment venues do their business? :o

That`s what I was wondering........seems a bit sad to me :D

Edited by Pattaya_Fox

See also post by Sriracha John -- Thais Crack Down on Fake Teachers ----near the end there is a part referring to a tightening up on Work Permits for everyone. Again this came from Phuket but it is supposed to be enforced country wide.

so does this mean that they are going to run off all the fake farang teachers from Soi L.K. Metro? or am i missing some finer point here?

ac

. -- You have had it too good for too long and now your time is coming.

Forgive me asking , but do I sense a certain 'glee' in your tone?

It does rather remind me of a fire and brimstone preacher , chap !

A bit judgemental , if I might comment!

Shame really , as you seem a mine of information .

My own thought on this matter are that whatever we do in Thailand is probably illegal in some way and that is just how the authorities like it .

It`s called totalitarianism , I believe, but do correct me if I`m out on that one . I won`t be the least offended!

On the matter in hand , LK metro has it`s good points and when I was there last night I found only a refreshing and most pleasant ambiance to the small 'L ' shaped soi.

It does remind me of Northern Spain in many ways and it is really rather pleasant to sit outside and watch the world pass by ..

I acctually had a drink or two in The Rock house last night --the bar in question but the proprietor was absent . I have met him on one occasion and found him to be a most personable chap with a wealth of local knowledge .

To the charge of 'Pimping' I can only think you meant another as the man in question does not have what are known as short time rooms , in the vernacular , nether did the most pleasant young lady who brought me drinks and chatted in perfect , if 'American' ,English , offer her self , so the charge would seem to be flawed!

Do feel free to pass on any further thoughts you have on the matter though !

S

I am saying that Throughout Thailand since the 5th February there seems to be a crack down on Bars who do not comply with the Thai Laws -- There are reports on Thai Visa about a bar in Changi Mai being closed at 1.30, a total of 26 Bars in Phuket were raided and owners arrested in Phuket many of the owners were Thai! In Pattaya apart from 158 Ladyboys and some girls arrested fined and their records taken -- another report said that 78 food vendors and prostitutes in Walking Street and 11 Karaoke bars in Soi Potisan had for operating without a licence although they said they had submitted the paperwork. We also have the report from the Strait Times that the Thailand Labour Ministry are re-examining work permits.

In Soi LK Metro I have been asked if I want a short Time -- As a Bar with a Spanish sounding Name -- oral at another which has the same name as a book about sex with a very young lady. Thei was while I was walking up the Soi using it as a way of avoiding the traffic at the Soi Dianna Inn Soi Lenki Soi Bukhow Junction.

Thai law is being broken and soon if the Soi does not put its house in order the Pattaya police will be forced by the New police General to take the same action that the other police forces are having to take..

and u were just walking thru the soi and solicited? or u were actually in said establishments and solicited? not really clear on that, if it matters at all. why u have such a hard-on for soi lk metro anyway? if u don't like the shortcut, take the long way around.

this soi, walking street and the whole of pattaya are not going to fully comply with any law that means less farangs and less $$$ no matter how much we a) pray, :o foam at the mouth, or c) make tumboon. the sex industry for the vietnam r&r crowd built this city to start with and its the sex industry that keeps it ticking. much as some of us claim to despise the place for what it is, this is a fact of life. u should know by now that any curtailment of certain entertainment activities is always short-lived and either a knee-jerk reaction to some specific BKK talking heads statement or serves some local minority special interest.

back to the OP. i have been down the soi twice in 6 months. i knew what i was looking for and found it. now i may try a night tour.

They do not seem to want the traditional single men tourists at all, and all the visa arrangements seem to encourage the over 50's or people to retire here.

Sure.

Thailand is going to trade free-spending sex-tourists for a bunch of cheap, whinging old farts - NOT! :o

well mulphy, i reckon you started a good 'un here and should have filtered out the answers to your OP by now.

shelve any plans you may have for any major investments in your hostelry. make sure you have a work permit otherwise don't lift a finger while in the house. keep your money overseas. check the wind regularly and take note of and comply with any localised enforcement of laws and regulations regardless of cost. most of all good luck on staying ahead of the curve. you (and other barkeeps) provide a needed service.

Theres always someone trying to promote that area but it's flogging a dead horse, nothing diferent there only mabe the drink's are a bit more expencive, just the same stuff you see everywhere.

drinks more expensive than where ?

certainly not walking st , probably on a par if not cheaper than sois 2,3,4,6,7, and 8 .

have you been in the soi ?

seems to me by your comment reprices you probably havent.

R4199246 - Well bars you mentioned in Phuket were most likely unlicensed, and I wouldn't worry too much about crackdown on lady boys this happens all the time. :o This is business as normal, any bar not sorted probably pissed MIB off over TEA dosh. I have to laff at blanket statements like yours, bit of a paranoia is a good thing, but what you think is happening is so far off base, I think you might win the European lottery before that happens. :D

Theres always someone trying to promote that area but it's flogging a dead horse, nothing diferent there only mabe the drink's are a bit more expencive, just the same stuff you see everywhere.

Beer prices,

Draft beer 50 baht at the two Go Go’s there. I drink Tiger and that ranges from 50 to 60 baht at the beer bars to 105 baht at the Go Go’s in a bottle.

Soi 7 has one beer bar that sells tiger in a bottle for 35 baht but the music is rap and so loud I can only take the place for one drink.

I would say on the average LK Metro is about the same price as Soi 6,7 and 8.

Lk metro is just a load of brit bar owners trying to rip off another load of brit tourists in order to try and earn enougth money to stay in Thailand drinking and shagging. problem is we can all see through it.

I Have just watched the LK Metro advert once again.

Please can someone tell me which bar the four young ladies work in -- I am sure that even at my age I could run faster than the men chasing them. I would risk heart failure.

where is that advert? is it on a website?

Lk metro is just a load of brit bar owners trying to rip off another load of brit tourists in order to try and earn enougth money to stay in Thailand drinking and shagging. problem is we can all see through it.

I've never been or felt ripped off down there, it's a real nice soi to drink in.

right , so the australian , irish, belgian , dutch , french , swedish ,danish , isreali , and thai owners in the soi dont count in your eyes.

even me , im scottish , i hate to be called a brit.

anyway the point being is , nobody in this soi is ripping anybody off , and ive really got to laugh at the trying to earn enough to stay , drink and shag in thailand , most of the owners including myself have wifes and dont need to go shagging , we get our fair share at home.

mate , its a very cosmopolitan soi , if ever there was one.

i reckon youve not seen through anything coz i dont think youve been there , or if you were , then your eyes were closed.

Myself and 3 other members of this forum had a good drink in soi LK Metro Saturday afternoon, in the Drnken Duck and while its nothing special, a good relaxing drink with no hassles was had by all, will definately return. Just out of curiosity which is your bar Mulphy????

BB

Myself and 3 other members of this forum had a good drink in soi LK Metro Saturday afternoon, in the Drnken Duck and while its nothing special, a good relaxing drink with no hassles was had by all, will definately return. Just out of curiosity which is your bar Mulphy????

BB

Mulphy's bar is call The Rock House (?) It's on Soi L.K. Metro about half way down on the left hand side. (I sure hope this information is correct Mulphy). I've been there a few times and it's actually a pretty nice place. I would definately recommend it. The prices are in line IMHO.

Perhaps the pimp comment is about the bar owners who sell the ladies who work on the Soi. If a bar fine is collected than the person collecting it is a pimp.
.......the comment re pimp , has me baffled, that would mean in essence that you believe i am a pimp , because i collect a barfine from customers when they wish to take any of my staff from my premises to go shopping , go eat , go cinema , go drinking or whatever else............

if i told you that the barfine was 300 b at my place , that i give the girl 100b commission on it and given that her salary is 200b a day , i dont make anything from it when she leaves the premises with a new found friend , would you still believe me a pimp.

you have to remember that i dont sell sex , i only sell alcohol and accomodation, although i have a fair idea of what any individual girl may or may not do once taken from my premises , but that is her concern , not mine.

bar fines are to make up for loss of staff, nothing more.

Does that mean if a girl goes out with a customer at closing time, you do not charge a bar fine?

Edited by loong

Mulphy's bar is call The Rock House (?) It's on Soi L.K. Metro about half way down on the left hand side. (I sure hope this information is correct Mulphy). I've been there a few times and it's actually a pretty nice place. I would definately recommend it. The prices are in line IMHO.

Ah ..... in that case I can now put a face to the name. I often stay at D & P across the soi.

In my opinion - a nice soi to base yourself, accommodation good value and plenty of bars to make yourself at home.

I am over in two weeks time, will be around LK Metro for sure.

Perhaps the pimp comment is about the bar owners who sell the ladies who work on the Soi. If a bar fine is collected than the person collecting it is a pimp.
.......the comment re pimp , has me baffled, that would mean in essence that you believe i am a pimp , because i collect a barfine from customers when they wish to take any of my staff from my premises to go shopping , go eat , go cinema , go drinking or whatever else............

if i told you that the barfine was 300 b at my place , that i give the girl 100b commission on it and given that her salary is 200b a day , i dont make anything from it when she leaves the premises with a new found friend , would you still believe me a pimp.

you have to remember that i dont sell sex , i only sell alcohol and accomodation, although i have a fair idea of what any individual girl may or may not do once taken from my premises , but that is her concern , not mine.

bar fines are to make up for loss of staff, nothing more.

Does that mean if a girl goes out with a customer at closing time, you do not charge a bar fine?

of course i would , because your still taking her from the bar, but if you meet her round the corner after work , thats a different matter.nothing i can do about it except think the guy a cheap charlie.

what the girls do in there own time is not my business.

Edited by mulphy

• 2 weeks later...
Soi LK Metro just another bunch of bars and rooms in Pattaya.

Nothing special and nothing to write home about.

One plus is the songtaew will take you straight to Walking St when after half a beer you are bored senseless. :o

Aye, a boring place with ugly lasses and expensive drinks compared to other establishments in the vacinity.

Times are getting tough when you have to flog the dead horse of an area on an internet forum.

We have low season approaching now, watch out for the 4 sale signs popping up everywhere in the soi in the coming months.

We have low season approaching now, watch out for the 4 sale signs popping up everywhere in the soi in the coming months.

wow....lots of great business opportunities for Pattaya newbies... :o